do you think hOMOphobia EXists in AO i feel like YES cuz magic and cURse ARe hereditary and one OF the mOSt common point hOMOphobes USe to say hOMOsexual IS Wrong/a sin OR Whatever IS that they cant have kid and such. also royalty bloodline and other things yk yk
I mean the thing that spread it was religion and since that is much less common, and it’s different religions to what we have, I don’t think it would be the same.
Maybe people would want someone to have children but that’s as far as it would go.
I still remember someone saying “oh yeah they would be homophobic because ao takes place in 1854” It’s a different date system!!! It’s not the same as 1854 in our world!
Also shit was usually way gayer than people like to give credit
Knights were fruity.
Peasants could get embrothered and share a house, a purse and bread.
Pirates would often marry their crewmates and effectively live as a couple.
Cowboys during gold rush would literally wear dresses in saloons because there were too few women.
Traditional christian values are pretty much an invention of 1940s and 50s
considering how most of skyhall discriminate based on what level of height you were born at homophobia doesnt seem out of the question however considering that greek gods were very prevelant back in ao older day there could be a possibility theyre alright with homosexuality considering the fact greek gods will go through anything that breathe
I don’t doubt that some people would hate gay people simply for existing, but I really don’t think the actual oppression will exist, because the hatred won’t be widespread enough for that to happen.
I personally don’t think that counts for this question, but I can see why someone would think it does.
i feel like itd just be a select few instead of the level of homophobia in our real world spread through wack ass beliefs
like the general joe in ao wont really care much about hating specifically gay people, they’d be “ok” and go through their daily lives shooting homeless people that bump into them
Yes, it does exist. But I think it’s a massive worldbuilding blunder to imply that any one attitude is universal across an entire world. Even if we assume every society has some form of homophobia, the means by which it holds it—along with the reason—should not be the same. Because that’s how cultures work.
yes, because the sky people are racist, homophobic, xenophobic, Transphobic, Biphobic, Islamaphobic, ablephobic, fatphobic, arachnaphobic, nyctophobic, thallasaphobic, Glossophobic, Hydrophobic and lipophobic.