Does Iris have a first magic

and if so what is it

its flare

1 Like

Flare magic. She was born with flare and has no other magic (that we know of at least).

if you haven’t heard, it’s flare

Flare’s her only magic, as far as we know. Exactly how she got it isn’t known though

hmm, maybe she figured out how to mutate her first magic into flare

i dont think mutation exists in the war seas

im pretty sure the anomaly part is that

A: she was born with it
B: somehow managed to find a scroll at a young age and mastered it even tho it just takes reading it to learn

she was born with it

how do you know?

You know I wonder if all the magics which were originally mutations caused by a similar case like Iris where magic evolved over time, causing stronger magics to be born into mages.

Enizor said it, are you those type of players who skip the story dialogue or what

no

(except on my other files)

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it was ever explicitly said how she got her flare magic. Maybe she was born with it, maybe she somehow found a lost scroll

it mentions that she “miraculously learned it at a young age” but that could just be referring to opening her first mind since it isnt open when youre born

It’s pretty obvious that Flare is her first magic because of her title “The Anomaly”.

If you want to take a step further her ‘actual’ first magic would probably be fire based on her personality though I’m not sure if Vetex stated that the first magic is based around who you are as canon lore.

She must have just had her first mind open at birth and replaced whatever magic she had before with Flare. Doesn’t mean she mutated it or anything, Lost and Ancient magics just seem to replace one of your minds.

1 Like

The lore doc implies that scroll-obtained magics don’t replace minds

Idk how it could work any other way though?

1 Like

What makes you say that

Seeing as there are only 3 magic slots, seems like mages will replace two of their base magics with scroll magics

1 Like