Durza and Morden have something in common

Timeline issue, since Morden borned much earlier than Durza’s death moment.

If yes, then different reasons, Hades used Durza to check out power, while Morden is his last chance to survive, to use him in fight against Peacekeeper. (Not arguing, just adding detail)

I guess there were way many people besides Morden and us, I think connection is very strange thing, I think its more like we are descendants of gods, not demigods cuz of getting weaker through generations, but its makes more sense + there was exploiter who has reached “Primordial” stage by duping stats and “Primordial” status was given to magic which gods were using, like curses, but without water drowning debuff.

1 Like

Wait… not only could this be foreshadowing, but THIS MEANS WE MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT DURZA’S HUMAN FORM LOOKS LIKE

1 Like

If Hades could communicate to Morden same was as Poseidon did to us… I’m gonna bet it already happened, when he was asleep for days on Windrow Island. I mean, it is sort of strange he was asleep for days itself. Also, he says something interesting about Neviro after waking up. “Ugh, that fool, I hope he doesnt get himself killed. He may be weak but we could use his way of words”

He talks about Neviro like a tool all of a sudden, and the player has the choice to point out how unusually cold that statement was. Reminder that this was the same guy who was initially afraid to hurt both the player and Neviro with his Curse and didnt want them to be anywhere near him when he was about to use it.

I could be looking too much into it… as people have said that Morden appears to avoid calling Iris and Neviro as “friends” as the diary mentions the player as his last friend instead. However, it is something to note about since the player can choose to call him out on that strange statement.

Will Morden end up being Durza 2.0? Honestly, I felt like that’ll be way too predictable and cliche, so I was strongly against it at one point. Not only that, we already have Durza… repeating it here might feel… again, too predictable. I would like to think Vetex wants to avoid repeating the same story beats from AA.

It would be nice to see a different scenario where later on, Morden discovers he’s being manipulated and then actively resists Hades and the dark temptations. It’s like seeing a “what if” scenario on what someone like Durza could’ve been like if he wasnt influenced so easily and maybe as early. I mean, think about it, Morden here is an 18-year-old, with strong sense of morals and justice. Durza, in comparison, was just a little depressed child when he first discovered the curse. Morden’s case is different from Durza’s here, so it might end differently.

Also, it was mentioned by Beringer that he saw something in Morden, and both Beringer and Warren understood that the Curse in safe hands. I feel like there’s a reason why this is the case for Morden, as it sounds similar to how player is seen as someone “destined for greatness”.

There is a chance that the path Morden goes will actually rely on our choices, seeing that it can have an impact like the merciful and ruthless attribute. After all, we are his last friend, so it does make sense if we can change his outcome based off of what we do. Friends are our biggest influencers after all.

Dammit… I wrote an essay. Congrats to those who read all of this so far.

4 Likes

That’s actually a pretty cool theory. I theorized that we are New Greeks since we’re referred to as “that blood” and “your kind” kind of often, more so with Calvus and Warren. It is kind of loose and may be a stretch with evidence so vague

1 Like

when i first finished the ao story i messaged my friend “bro i think morden has the absorption curse”

later realized i was in fact, not cooking

1 Like

what if morden goes around stealings curses!!! :scream: :scream:

Morden’s probably gonna get pushed over the edge. Maybe Vetex will slowly start killing off members of the main team?

2 Likes

I would love to see CoI implode if Iris gets killed

That would be awesome. I can even think of a whole entire scenario of that happening.

Iris is probably stronger than Neviro but weaker than Morden and the MC. Neviro is either gonna die, or going to be left behind in the Bronze sea. Either Morden would die, or Iris would die and Morden will become some sort of anti-hero.

Or I could just be going crazy

NAW THEY BETTER NOT

COI BOUT TO BECOME CHRISTIANITY ALL OVER AGAIN :sob:

wdym

“jesus died for our sins”

they’re gonna turn it into some bs on how “iris died for us” or somethin

:skull: it’s not even close to the same bruh…

but these people made a literal cult so ig it wouldn’t be so far off

yeah

“Target all sun magic users they think they’re better than flare :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Wait I just realized
CoI could become one of the best ways to get rich later on in the game
Just find a bunch of flare magic scrolls and sell it to them for seasonals and sunkens

why do you guys hate him so much :frowning:

neviro aint being left behind he said he would come back+you really think hes gonna stay in the bronze sea, which is probably still the most dangerous for him even if he makes peace
if he dies i will be sad because he has so much potential

ngl, if he gets strong i won’t be happy

it would be such an uninteresting way to do the story

personally, i’d love to see him lead ravenna with his voice and not his strength

yeah him being the voice of reason is cool but I also hope that he’s a warden and gets spirit weapons…

ehhhh i don’t