Durza Headcanon (not really)

So, I’ve been a little bit curious about Durza lately. The main antagonist of AA doesn’t actually appear in AA. So, before I knew he had an actual design that looks like shit if i’m being honest, I’ve had my own little headcanon appearance thing that I talked about in Discord but Forums the trusted lads channel.

I also can’t shake off my imagination having him wear a normal-ass wizard outfit (big hat and all) instead of just being… I don’t know, what magic or curse turns you into a mass of dark energy? No crown either, I just like to imagine a more human-looking Orochimaru with a white wizard outfit and that’s Durza for me. One of the most powerful curse users looking like the most basic thing you’ve ever seen is ideal for me. I think it’d be neat if he could switch between human and his weird dark magic form, though, which he probably can. No red crown though, that thing’s ugly.

On top of that, I also took a second to think about what Durza’s personality actually is. That’s never touched up on, either, so… room for thought? I don’t actually believe that Durza acts like a punky asshole, but I thought it was a little bit funny.

(Also, I know that Durza shows up as some weird purple-black orb thing in AR, but I heard that AR goes off of the webcomic for most of the Third Sea, and that’s not canon, so… there’s that.)

I have a tendency to make a topic that’s mostly made out of rambling, and I’m sorry for that, but I’m not gonna stop. In fact, I want to hear YOUR rambling, too, so please tell me what your headcanons are for characters that aren’t covered as much as they were supposed to be, I’d love to read them.

(you can see that actual design here i mentioned earlier here, btw, thanks for linking me here tophat:)

tong durza:

-super awesome
-grandiose in the best way possible
-epic cube

webcomic durza:

:skull:

4 Likes
  1. could you tell me which one is supposed to be durza? is it both of them? i know that the crossface has something to do with durza but i have no clue who the other guy is
  2. skeletons are awesome so i’m not entirely opposed to it, i’m imagining what the crossface would look like combined with that as some kind of form he’d go into

1: the purple funky dude is durza, the one on his lap is his physical form left behind

2: webcomic durza is also badass, i agree

1 Like

Honestly, I really, REALLY like Durza’s webcomic design, although wish it lean more towards the fact that his body was literally destroyed by magic, and that he’s a living elemental (like the other design). Then again never read the webcomic.

On a similar note imagine if he had a more eldritch design like Giygas. After all, he abandoned his body due to his power, casually nuked the world into literal magic hell, and is made up of a bunch of overglorified elemental nukes.

he used dark magic

Headcanons aside, isn’t he literally a kid? he got the absorption curse at a very young age

when i hear “stop aging” i don’t actually think “stop aging entirely” and think more like “hey! you’re in your prime FOREVER now. have fun!”

so, i think he’d still physically age to the point of becoming an adult, and then he’d just not grow any older from there

also maybe i should reread the lore doc because i didn’t know he genuinely just didn’t have a human body by the time AA rolls around and that kind of screws me over. shit.

1 Like

his detached spirits certainly dont dissapoint in the drip department either

Bro looks like a madness grunt

oh so THAT’S where crossface durza comes from

durza being jaded to the point that he has a modern level of sarcastic speech is honestly a pretty great idea.

You’d expect this guy to be grandiose, over the top, full of himself and eloquent but he talks like the master of masters

2 Likes

it would be pretty funny if he talked like a shitposter on the internet

This and him looking like a madness grunt and adventure forward character is killing me

LMFAO

“fuck u theos lol take this prometheus”
“What are you saying?”
“it dont matter u gonna die anyway BYYYYEEE :yawning_face:

Honestly that would be funny as hell, even with the knowledge he’s a power hungry discount-God.

even though there isnt any way Arcane Odyssey would get voice acting, I think my internal voice for durza is gonna be ray chase. (though he also has nothing to do with the story.)

His age stagnated while he was young due to his curse, so his voice isn’t deep. He sounds 15 at most. Similarly he’s more or less jaded as a teenager, with more bloodlust.

imagine standing before the being thats capable of destroying islands if not continents, has 1/4 of all curses and all mutations/magics

and he has the voice of some kid on roblox vc

The fact Durza may simply be an angsty teenager is both funny and makes him even more terrifying. Teenagers are scary.

we need to see him ragequitting after realizing he cant beat Theos

good news, he does that twice