"Earlier Treasure Chart Quest" Suggestion

"Earlier Treasure Chart Quest" Suggestion
effort 4.857142857142857 7 quality 4.666666666666667 6 reasonability 4.857142857142857 7

Start

One of the suggestions in the recent topic of changes PvE & QoL - Miscellaneous and Exploration - 2 many wonderful changes were suggested, one of which were “Earlier Treasure Chart Quest”. In my opinion its a very nice way of introducing people to treasure charts, as, in other suggestions, Treasure Charts are now created only for islands you’ve discovered, and, its a good way of leveling up. So here’s my suggestion…

Robin, Palo-Town Citizen

He’s normal palo-town citizen who found a treasure chart in the chest on the shore. he can be found on the beach area of Palo town, holding the treasure chart.

Dialogue

Robin - R
Player - Y
Exit dialogue - X

R: …

Y: What are you doing?
Y: … (X)

R: Aah! S-sorry didn’t notice you…I uhh…N-nothing.

Y: What are you holding?
Y: Okay. (X)

R: O-oh this? Uh…Okay you noticed…I found this on shore, it seems to be some kind of…Treasure Chart, but i’m not sure how to correctly solve it. it says “On north in the sand…” But no matter how much I dug, I can’t seem to find it. Oh well.

Y: Maybe I can try to solve it?
Y: I’m sure you will eventually solve it. (X)

R: Sigh I don’t know at this point. I have no idea where it is, so…here, take it. Maybe you will really figure it out.

Y: [Quest Menu]
Y: Actually, I don’t think I can solve it. (X)

Treasure chart.

The treasure chart that will be given to a player will be a unique one, “Robin’s Treasure Chart” it has the same model, but won’t disappear after death, The treasure location will be: North, in the sand, Elm Island.

Why that specific location?
“North” and “in the sand” were mentioned by Robin, and he read that correctly. While he missed one part - That treasure is located not in palo town but rather Elm island. Another reason for it being an Elm island is the smooth introduction of Edward.

I know that it should be a “reward” for exploration and all, but in my opinion. New players NEVER go back to islands like Elm or Mango.

3 Likes

we already have one in cirrus island tho

that isnt much of a chart he just tells you a specific location rather than what charts do

This sounds like a good way to introduce people to a game mechanic, especially since Palo Town may become part of the main story.

1 Like

if this chart also counts for the elm exploration goal then this better get added!

As for me, on my first play through I never even TOUCHED Elm island. I did go to mango like once though.

I like it, but will this count towards elm’s treasure chart exploration task?

up to vetex, but my in idea -

YES

1 Like

It counts but then vetex increases elm chart req by one :slightly_smiling_face:

so the issue is that you are giving them a chart quest before reaching the minimum level to find and complete charts
i guess its a nice tutorial before you start finding them but still

maybe you could start finding them if you clear this quest before the level requirement?

i’m all for a new treasure chart introduction quest! i feel like the one on cirrus wasn’t enough as a tutorial, especially because he gives you a detailed description of where the treasure was buried instead of general directions

also, how is robin illiterate enough to read this chart and not realize it’s not on palo

I never thought of Cirrus and Themro-fist Quests as Treasure Charts. They are waaaaaaaay too different. Because the main part of Treasure Chart is “solving the location via text given”

I dident even know edward was at elm untill i got there at lvl 125

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.