Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Bold of you to assume these clans have more than 1 member

I mean we already have global messages that reach everyone so

let them have their fun man :joy:, eight grader as it may be

“IM GYATTING!”

1. what?
    “Fall.”

2. FR FR
    “YES YOU UNDERSTAND ME”

once again
when empires comes out i’m turning ao into farm sim

I wonder how many people are going to make ‘inappropriate’ bases

It just means that you’re not gonna place a part down, and go wild with Btools.

Every structure/placeable under Clan Building will be a prebuilt/preset that you can place down and orientate.

I.e everyone is going to have the exact same Wooden Walls, Buildings, Towers, Camps, etc. Outside of it being differentiated via your Clan’s Icon and colors of course.

You can already see it with terrain in the latest Patreon sneak peak a bit.

Isn’t this how it was in AA? Can’t remember

BTools would be insane not only because “haha penis lmfaofaf” but because every build would take multiple hours-long sessions to finish unless you wanted it to look like a dingy shack

It’d be cool to see what people would create, though… but there’d be far more slop than quality builds

By prebuilt structures, does that mean individual structures that can fit in one tile (like being able to build a wall segment and something like a torch in the same time assuming they don’t overlap), one structure per tile, or larger structures that are cover multiple tiles (like straight up building pre-sets such as houses)?

IDK lol we’ve barely seen it

I’m going in with the expectation of a RUST/Unturned base building system, where you cobble it together from walls, ramps, floors, ceilings, etc, with miscellaneous decorative props like supports, lamps, tables, torches and whatnot to tie the build together, maybe functional parts like cooking pots, jewelcrafting stations, a shop stall for merchant npcs, a dock that gives you income from trade, a smithy for a blacksmith

1 Like

Yeah, I’m hoping we get pre-built walls and decorations and use that to build houses and stuff as opposed to just choosing from a selection of buildings to place.

as long as we get variation in the houses (palo town style, frostmill style, ravenna style, etc) im chill with pre-builts

I can’t really remember either, i just claimed islands available and far off in the first sea and left to do other things.

But i imagine it wouldn’t be that different outside of it being more “modernized” for today’s purposes and all that.

Shrug

There doesn’t really seem to be any sort of tile placement system of sorts. It’s more-so a, “If it’s touching the ground you can place it within reason” approach with structures.

Capable of free styling it all the way, or snap to the ground on a singe stud basis on a given part of land:

1 Like

me when i cant make hitler island :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think the building system will probably be something like fallout 4’s, if you have ever built a settlement on that

I need to have stackable room type buildings
we shall make the tallest tower anyone has ever seen!

Looking at AR wiki, there you had 4 varients of walls (wall, entrance, doorway, corner) made out of different materials for all tiers of clans

Decorations like platforms, spawn room, bridges, tables, torches

And terraforming

You definitely can, just place the wall segments in the infamous Indian windmill of friendship’s shape

3 imbue on single weapon pls ?

Vetex
Give savants triple imbues , and my life, is yours