Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

The secret GN base war has ended and Tobi’s design officially wins

its a cool concept from what I see

so the only way i spawn somewhere else other than othrys is by being a gravy or syndie? thats sad

yeah

I think it only counts in clan servers, because in those your clan can build a base for you

He really needs to rest.

10 Likes

I just had an idea

What if by joining a clan member who has a claimed island and structures built on it, you could spawn there, at least until you changed the option not to?

There should a specific structure. We cant have a single wall on sand fall allowing people to spawn there.

1 Like

if vetex does rest people will end up calling him a lazy dev :sob:

watch Makrinaos be like 4/5’s the size of sameria with double the content (I swear I’m not doomposting don’t put me in a goon cage)

2 Likes

id compare its size to like the forest of cernunno maybe, maybe a bit smaller

zad

(allegedly) 6 to 8 hours of coding daily, ofc he needs to rest

Wait what? I thought Tobi and Cryo were building the same island together. It was a competition and the loser’s version of the base just gets scrapped? That sounds sad. And also a waste of time and effort that could’ve gone to an island that would be added.

I figured it was a name competition

My favorite part of Makrinaos might be when Architect Kalliste says “It’s makroing time” and gets banned for makroing.

Honestly I’m super excited for the GN base. Right now, it’s more mysterious than Makrinaos, which is pretty ironic. We only know its name and who built it, nothing else.

I still believe Makrinaos will be the best island, but also Cryo has never disappointed, so I have high hopes that Shieldguard is going to be an awesome place as well.

Shieldguard pretty cool, is all I’ll say cuz I did helped Tobi a bit on ideas and some technical stuff.

I’m a little concerned that a selling point of Makrinaos is an elevator

Because like… why?

Hmm, I checked the old “Current Work” list and it said Cryo was the main builder for the GN base with Galaga as a helper. Tobi wasn’t even listed as a builder for it? But now it sounds like he was the main builder for the island. Can someone explain what the actual process was?

I wouldn’t call it a selling point, just a hint as to how you find the AS base. Maybe in-game it’s really hard to locate. The real selling point is the unique item set and the secrets.