Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Arcane Odyssey Riddle this is what i meant

Well, from what I can tell just looking at this riddle part 1 thing, it seems to be even more hinting towards the player’s relation to Zeus.

I mean, “Golden Ichor” “Ichor” is blood of the gods.
“Furnace that burns still” “INHERIT it’s will”

And then lightning in the background
Seems clear-cut besides the other two.

the issue is that afking until you reach the far reaches then sailing around for an hour to find a magic reset isnt gameplay, its purposeless tedium

how it is now is fine, the effort is going to the far reaches and not having to pray to rng and thats how it should be

this is like saying wom’s enchant system was better because getting a sturdy sunken sword just encourages you to keep grinding

bro its per island and the rates of it spawning are being increased calm down, u can literally do this while hopping siren islands in i4 for optimal dsc bro its too easy

read above

i am thankful we dont need an acrimony, the point im arguing is that you complaining about it being too common makes no sense

it is too common for how simple it is to get
i know i mentioned grinding earlier but shit sitting on your ship and just looking is not that grindy bro especially if ur doing siren islands

2 Likes

why tf does it need to be grindy tho
its litterly just a magic reset
like imagine if beserkers had to redo the entire fighting style quest whenever they wanted to change
“Oh you want sailor style again? Go find 3 more sharks”

That wouldn’t be nearly as bad, even accounting for mastery

Sailor style is bleeding throwables in the water, or just whales
Thermo is just digging up a bag
the only hard one is Boxing at early levels.

its not

cuz lore reasons say that changing ur stats is impossible so why should changing ur magic be any easier
u can always learn a different fighting style, equip different weapon/spirit weapon, but u cant just equip a new magic and call it a day, that’s why its hard

1 Like

I think 33% is perfectly fine as is. Also since Vetex is attaching lore to them I imagine he would want more players to be able to discover them. At the end of the day tho it’s up the Vetex how rare he wants it, if it ends up too common he can always lower it in a later patch.

More propoganda from the no lifers…

On a serious note I think acrimony will be far more common once a real way to get it is implemented. It’s not supposed to exclusively come from chests being Uber rare, that’s just the only obtainment method implemented. I believe its value will plummet once that way to get it is implemented, because changing stat builds isn’t meant to be THIS rare. (Still hard, but not pure gambling)

yup

I’m gonna be honest though, I am anything but against Vetex’s idea. This seems like the perfect way.
I might say it should be a basic feature, but gameplay time might plummet if it was like that.

not anymore bucko
also acrimony isnt cannon, and neither is learning lost/ancient magics through scrolls, so lore isnt really an excuse :skull:

NOT HARD TO SEEEEEEEEE :sob: :sob: :sob:
It should be NOT EASY TO FIND :sob: :sob: :sob:
(it should be easy to find)

ppl dont go to dark sea in lore so resetting magic wont be a thing in the ao books but whatever the blue-purple energy thing probably does exist

1 Like

If the magic reset clouds take up the same space as cauldrons and cooking pot spawns then that could be a good reason to lower the spawn rate. I’d be pretty annoyed if I were looking for golden pots and only found clouds instead

acrimony, this purple blue energy and scrolls are for gameplay purposes, theyre to make ur life easier. is it really bad to atleast keep to the lore a little bit for magics? atleast thats how i think vetex sees it

1 Like

??? And marauding sea should be swapped around