Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

it did exist, there was also a super jump and an unbreakable shield

what if spirit walk is a long ranged grab where you walk into their spirit and it deals crazy damage

Its also makes sense, since it is god’s ability and seeing something similiar to it on an object blessed by another god (I mean both prob used spirit energy for it) it is pretty logical.

I wonder if spirit wall will be able to redirect projectiles like poseidon’s magic did.

so basic rites are just bootleg poiseidon/god? magic, got it

if its canon (ar exclusives aren’t) then it might be a basic power of gods, which is why it shows up on zeus’ spirit weapon too

im sorry but poison javelin + array plasma gon be crazy

Maybe a bit re-designed, cuz Poseidon’s wall was too OP to be readded as a basic rite. But I am not sure. (Maybe its not OP in the new combat system)

where are the vfx changes we were promised? I thought we were getting a whole revamp but the most we’ve seen is “reverted a visual shockwave effect”

I think he’ll leave those last. He usually does additional stuff to the update after the main content is done (once he wraps up the basics of the Empires Update, he’ll start working on the other things)

1 Like

yeah, I’m still so disappointed about that change
it was honestly a really good effect, especially in situations like breaking the water, or on most energy based magic

What change

the removal of the additional shockwave effect

Have I got the wrong end of the stick or something, but in the Trello it says renown will be reset to 100K. Which, first off, just why? Second of all, this’ll surely make the new subclans really hard, because we can’t even start grinding to 600K renown before the update as it’ll all be pointless because of the reset? I just don’t really see the point, seems to be taking away peoples hard work. Maybe I’m missing something obvious though (I hope so).

Two reasons:

1. People still have glitched renown
  2. It’ll give newer players a chance to place on the leaderboard

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the latest renown reset listed in the trello patch notes is for 1.16.4, which has already been published, since the currently released version is 1.16.7.

Thanks for the replies! That’s a good point haha, I have no idea whether it’s already happened then or what. I guess it makes sense to try and get a level playing field, just makes it a shame that it’ll impact the subclans for a little while (unless it has already happened in which case ignore this!).

Hell it will, if the people on leaderboard are sweats, they’ll stay sweats and probably get back in 2 hours
It really just f’cks up the more casual players, I spent the whole summer getting 500k fame just for it to reset to 50k after the deckhands update

optimization odyssey lets gooooo

Optimisation Odyssey!! !

if he fixes the backpack memory leak i will be able to die in peace

3 Likes