Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Please tell me it’s not connected to the armor or boots

the armor on the leg is connected on the boots. :fr:

Hmmm I might still make that work with what I wanna do on my warlord, if it was the top I’d have to sacrifice my siren top if I wanted those faulds which I’d rather not

what if they had hyperrealistic eyes (only morden)

Time to wait an even longer eternity for Dusk, even though her spirit weapon probably only has one unique usable move.

Wait it’s a shadow spirit weapon but… why? Shadow has literally no synergies, and spirit weapons don’t follow any other of the same parts of the magic? What will it do??? Shadow moves?? What would that even be? A solar eclipse??

Well, if it’s shadow-based, that’s probably an indicator that it doesn’t need or use synergies, and just is good.

For what it would even do beyond regular spirit moves… no idea. Actual shadow is just putting something in the way of a light source, but Shadow Magic is an unnatural light-sucking energy.

Are you sure it’s shadow?

Yeah, her name is “dusk” the hell else would it be

Equinox? Moonlight? Lunar? Not that any of those make sense.

I wonder if we’ll get to talk to Evander’s parents/relatives in the Thorne Empire when that eventually gets added, like how we learn more about Elius and Carina through Ulricus.

I think it’d be pretty cool and would make the world, societies, and characters feel realer, but I’m also kinda dreading what would happen if the forums got their hands on whichever woman shares even half of Evander’s genes :sob:

We aren’t getting LOST SPIRIT WEAPONS in the FIRST SEA.

Also moonlight is a variant, meaning it would be the default version of that magic, sunlight.

But that still doesn’t have any synergies??? (Also I still think it’s shadow)

Asked GPT for help.

• Eos (Goddess of Dawn) – While Eos is specifically the goddess of the dawn, she represents transitions between light and dark. Her counterpart might be more relevant.
  • Helios (God of the Sun) and Apollo – Helios was the titan who drove the sun across the sky, and Apollo later took on many of these aspects as the god of the sun. His setting sun could be seen as tied to dusk, as dusk marks the end of the day.
  • Nyx (Goddess of Night) – Nyx is the primordial goddess of the night. Though she’s more aligned with darkness and night, the coming of night begins at dusk, so she could symbolically be connected to this time of transition.
  • Hemera (Goddess of Day) – Hemera is the goddess of day and works in contrast to her mother, Nyx. The shift between day and night (dusk) could be seen as the passing of power between Hemera and Nyx.
  • Hesperus (God of the Evening Star) – Hesperus is the personification of the evening star (Venus) and is often associated with the coming of night. As the evening star appears at dusk, he would have a direct connection to this time.
  • Selene (Goddess of the Moon) – Selene is the goddess of the moon, and as dusk is the time when the moon often first becomes visible, she could be associated with the transition from day to night.
  • Atlas (Titan of the Sky) – Atlas, the titan who holds up the sky, could symbolically be linked to dusk as the sky transitions from day to night. This would be a more abstract connection but possible if the character embodies both strength and a celestial element.

Could be any of them.

His armor looks peak

What makes you so sure we won’t get a lost magic one? We got literal Zeus’s weapon.

I mean shadow still hits pretty hard and can do well on synergyless iirc

I also dont think shadow will be synergyless forever with darkness existing

The Staff of Night is confirmed to be blessed by Nyx, it’s on the minibosses card.

Oops, it’s Nyx. Silly me, not checking first.

HEYYY >:(

might be a common one though, zeus was the king of the olympian gods, he would’ve had a lot of followers and thus probably a lot of spirit weapons, there must’ve been like a standardised model he would give to more general worshippers

also it’s old and worn or something i think, maybe we’ll be able to upgrade it though at some point since it seems important to our backstory

Zeus’s weapons also include: every other lightning variation in existence, yet we started off with the base one

See what I mean (also lost spirit weapons are the 600 point upgrade to normal ones, so we couldn’t even use one)