Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Balancing is usually the phase that comes before bugfixing, and after bugfixing is the release. Does this mean we won’t be getting any more islands than Makrinaos, Shieldguard, and Tidecliff? If so that would be a major disappointment. Literally 3x less islands than we were expecting. Can’t trust the twitter account I guess :sob:
9NewIslandsTweet

But hey, Makrinaos and Shieldguard look AMAZING, and I’ve got high hopes for Tidecliff too. 9 is much better than 3 but 3 is much better than nothing.

nah, i got faith vetex is shadow adding them, and just doesnt want to list them yet
either that or expect 50 pages of trello updates soon

Like this feels so unnecessary

It should’ve been -10% MAX

Nah, snow is

Everytime I see this I read it left to right :sob:

glass:

i remember they exist because at least we encounter named npcs with those magics, sand has none at all

pocket sand

pocket sand was peak, sand magic sucks

Shadow being the blandest magic in the game in exchange for good stat affinities

kingdoms probably have them, they’re just not available for the public for the rather obvious reason that it would be like providing the public with pipebomb recipes and methods to get the materials legally

I don’t think we should jump the gun quite yet, even if you do turn out right in the end.

as far as we know theyre all finished being built, right?

actually implementing them should be easy, most likely none will require any extra coding like shieldguard and makrinaos do

maybe vetex is just waiting a bit so he can finalize all the island positions and update the map render

the only coding that i could see them needing would be the secret locations and the bounty npc spawns

thats just reused code anyway so it shouldnt take more than like an hour or 2 to set up all of them

vetex is locking in with balancing and bugs now so idk if he has time for the extra islands… i have a feeling the rest of the stuff that doesnt make it will be added in the patch shortly after release

wait hes holding them off till the halloween update vetex is a genius!!!

december halloween event and march christmas events gonna be :fire:

Capturing Silverhold was already not worth it IMO, but now there’s even less of a reason to do so?