Enough About AO’s Wrongs—What Do You Love About It?

1. I love AO for those few casuals who are immersed in the game, they are friendly and down to earth I’ve had like 4 different random ahh DS expeditions with these 4 different people. (They’re also pretty funny)

2. The combat, that’s right I love the combat (pvp) in this game. I won’t explain it because i’ll get flamed no matter what LOL.

3. The bosses, especially Lord Elius, I still remember the feeling the first few times I died to him and finally grasping what I needed to do against him; fight as if we were equals despite my having like 500 HP 70 dmg. The atmosphere at that time was godly and therapeutic.

4. A few of the Island’s atmosphere, Mt. Othrys is very breathtaking.

5. The naming of your spells and attacks, they are very unique and no other game has had this creative yet simple mechanic, sorry for the warriors though. (okay Deepwoken can let you rename your skill I guess)

6. The community’s OCs, if done right.

There’s more but this is what I had in mind whilst typing this.

5 Likes

Most things about it, honestly.

The beautiful world, the extreme level of customization (seriously, look at all the different stat builds, and all the different magics, weapons, and fighting styles), the lore, cooking meals (I unironically do enjoy making different kinds of meals), and exploring new islands (Blasted Rock and Palo Town are some of my favorites).

Some other things I like are Lord Elius. Absolutely love his vibe and boss fight. And the less-important characters like Maya and Merlot are pretty cool. I also enjoy taking pretty screenshots and naming attacks. And especially I love writing about AO.

3 Likes

I could but won’t go too in depth (Maybe later) but I love the graphics and atmosphere of the game… I mean

5 Likes

The god damn lore, Its concept is simple when you first look at it but it goes so deep and thats what makes this game so unique

Im also a sucker for sail ships lol

The community aint all too bad either, you just need to find the right people and when you do find them it is only a matter of time before you find and make new friends

2 Likes

I love the passion that Vetex and buddies have for the game and this series as a whole. The same wonder that pulled me into Arcane Adventures 7 years ago draws me into Arcane Odyssey today. Even when Vetex moves on from game development, his future works will still contain the same wonder and passion that has kept me hooked from the beginning.

5 Likes

I actually loved the first days of AO, where there were only 5 people per server. I joined the minute it released and the amount of global messages, notes, and people excited for the release was amazing. Honestly a great day for the community for me.

I also loved the real bump up AO was from WoM, especially with magic visuals. I was one of the unlucky Ash mains so I couldn’t actually see my own attacks, so seeing Ash magic look as nice as it does in WoM was great.

The difficulty with Elius was great, and despite doing a fair amount of pvp in WoM he was still a really good fight, I even lost the first go at him.

Really gotta give it to Vetex, he’s made one of the best games on the platform, whilst being a solo dev too.

5 Likes

I love being a portable cannon and sinking random player ships with Cfist while using a max swimming speed build

Wind magic is fun

Unironcally like the NPCs, while they’re sometimes a bit one-note, they’re well-designed and feel like actual characters rather than just statues that talk and sell things.

You don’t get this many fan works for boring, dead NPCs. While sure, some arts here are memes or thirst (okay fine, many are memes or thirst), you can tell the fandom genuinely likes these characters, and wants to take them beyond just their small roles.

The game is beautiful. It really makes you feel like you’re on an adventure. Sitting atop the spires of The Jaws is really, really nice.

The magic system is second to none. No other Roblox game has achieved such an in-depth and creative magic system, or COMBAT system in general. AO’s combat is second to none. I always see so many people complaining about it, but I challenge anyone to actually find another Roblox game with better combat.

I also like that you could be the worst player in the world, and still feel like a badass, with the fashion, ships, and just immersion in general.

Also, the destructible environments are easily one of the best parts. Your attacks feel like they have impact, because they literally churn up the earth. I know alot of people complain about getting stuck on broken ground and stuff, but I have never had this issue in any way, so I assume it’s a bit of a skill issue.

3 Likes

The game plays like an actual fucking rpg and not like a simulator

7 Likes

I like that your ship really feels a lot more like yours. You have a crew, you get to decide what you equip to it, and you get to decide exactly how much health you are going to give it. (the only correct answer is 30k)

The atmosphere of the game is also very nice and the visuals look great

3 Likes

B-b-but I like having 120+ Sail Speed.

The lore is dope, I’m looking forward to it being expanded upon in future updates. Plus while the writing for dialogue and some bits of story is pretty mid for the most part, from what I’ve seen in AA, it is a massive improvement and I’m optimistic for it to only get better as time goes on.

3 Likes

I love the idea of deckhands. A lot. I love the idea of making ur own crew and helping them get stronger.

I love the bits of dialog they have its all very immersive and just nice.

Also a lot of the little immersive things AO adds are great. Alone they might seem useless or rather stupid but i feel togheter they create a living breathing world just like WOM tried to do with the NPCs but AO manages to do this without the Frame eating NPCs.

1 Like

The OST is fire and the lore is great, likely because i am a greek mythology enjoyer.

1 Like

few games on roblox really sell the call to adventure vibes like ao does and i think that’s what made ao special for me

even though most of the bronze sea’s islands weren’t as big as i imagined them to be, when it hits it truly hits lol (which is mostly just that 10% of mount orthrysty but we don’t talk about that)

[insert cirrus/akursius scenery here]

5 Likes

The things I like most about AO is the ship customization and especially the story. Unlike in some other games (cough Blox Fruits cough), you can have your own personalized ships with different gear, colour schemes and ofc, deckhands… and then there’s also the story. I don’t think i need to say anything more about it…

it’s nice that you can just join the game without any real plan of things to do and you can almost always find something interesting to do.
You can do a bit of diving, you can hunt down ships for sealed chests, you can visit nice locations just of visiting nice locations, you can farm bosses, you can bounty hunt an npc, you can mess around with other player, you can help others with parts of the story, you can design your avatar in a way you like, you can mess around with potions, you can go hunt sea monsters, you can fight with other players, you can go to the dark sea, you can set up a little shop and sell items to people, you can design your boat in a way you like it, you can max out your skills, you can go back to cirrus island to defeat Arish Vista since you forgot to do that during the part of the story where you were on the sky islands and now it’s just annoying to see that marker all the time, you can do treasure charts, you can drink insanity potions with friends for fun, you can throw insanity potions on npcs and see their reaction, you can just do so many things.
And it’s just fun to play AO

1 Like

The lore
people are too caught up with stats and whatever to appreciate that AO has some pretty decent lore, and is pretty immersive. I hear complaints about AO’s early story being dull (and I agree that it could be better) but damn the buildup to each major story point is epic.

• Fort Talos’ whole thing
  • The escape sequence and the Nevirotwist of all time
  • Posideon’s cool temple
1 Like