Everyones thoughts on the current AO stat system?

this logic doesnt really make sense, “not everyone uses this feature so just dont bother making it better”

well not everyone plays ao so why update then

what

not knowing the damage cap would be annoying but i feel like Vetex or Meta(poly) will probably post that kind of niche information once the game releases. Meta already did it with the magic stats and interactions so I don’t see why he wouldn’t with weapon and fighting style related stats

almost everyone is gonna want to use skill points the best they possibly can so not knowing what the cap for how strong you can get a stat to be is gonna be an issue

I understand not everyone wants to be the strongest, but having a hidden cap for damage/defense or such on a item doesn’t always mean that it should be known for players to be the strongest - I don’t see how this would make anything worse for players who don’t want to be the strongest anyway, because it would only help the people who do.

Not only that, it doesn’t always correlate into being the strongest, someone could just want the extra stat points for something else. My point is that it would just be a nice QoL feature so people can be sure they aren’t wasting their time investing into a certain stat.

lterally no game does that, but again if people wanna be the strongest its their problm they should figure out how to there is no sense only the creator just saying it

no game does what? adds a cap for how strong you can be?

says the damage cap

and thats the point of this post bro

Isn’t that more of a reason for vetex to do it? It’s a Quality of Life feature…

there is a reason nobody does it

like i said, Meta is probably gonna come out with that information whenever the core features have been polished and fleshed out. As soon as he gets the information we need, he’ll probably provide it to us

to piss off your playerbase?

To my knowledge, Meta isn’t a developer.
He’s a player that gets the information from doing tedious tasks in games, and while I am thankful Meta does this, it shouldn’t have to be done - the developer should be supplying this information for the community, which is my point.

seems you been not reading what i have been writting, i just don’t understand if people want to be the strongest its not problem of the creator, when the creator finds out the new meta he is going to balance it, the game is supposed to be balanced

how is that a reason for not giving out a simple bit of insignificant information that wouldn’t hurt anyone for them to know exactly??
its not like we’re asking for the games scripts, just a fucking number lol

Aque, having the max stat cap for items is not something that is for ‘the strongest’ or for people who want to be it. It’s for those who don’t want to waste stats in a certain stat because the weapon wont get any stronger. They’re essentially just wasting their experience points because of it.

i didn’t say he would not give info, i said he would not give the exact damage cap

its because all is supposed to be balanced, you don’t waste stats

dude
did you read that post before responding to it?