Everyones thoughts on the current AO stat system?

i mean seems you didn’t also saw my posts so don’t complain

also yes i did read it

i saw the post but “not my fucking problem” isnt exactly a good reason for not giving out the stat point cap on weapons

yeah not arguing with yall anymore, just doesn’t make sense i am going to stop here before it gets out of hand with bad arguements, cya! and also @yai gl

He isn’t necessarily an AO dev, but he’s a tester and friends with vetex. While he probably does brute force to get quite a lot of his information, I’d say a fair bit comes from Vetex as well. Vetex does allow testers to leak some information. For instance, he allowed somebody (I can’t quite remember who, maybe Polar?) to leak the exact odds of getting halloween seasonals from each different method during the event. If Vetex doesn’t release the stat information himself, one of the testers probably will (if he gives permission anyways.)

i think we’re talking about 2 different things at this point so lemme just clear it up
we’re saying that we should be able to know when putting more stats into weapons wont increase a certain weapons damage anymore so we don’t waste a point, not trying to become the strongest we can

Cam, I am not saying that I don’t trust Meta because he’s not a dev, my point is that the developer should be the one supplying this very simple information, because we don’t 100% know how stat reallocations will work.

yeah this got out of hand

That’s fair I guess but if it isn’t coming from Tech or Vetex then it’s probably coming from a tester who got it from Vetex anyways

I know, but I would still rather vetex himself comes out with the max cap for every item. It’s a QoL feature that I don’t think would get in the way of fun or any game mechanics, just so people know they don’t have to keep putting stats into a item so its damage gets higher.

very good points from yai

stop correct me let me have a chance

TLDR; I prefer Ao’s stat system but wouldn’t call it a ‘basic stat system’, I think you might be slightly underestimating it

Majority of your leveling in AO will come from doing the story quests, not bandit beating so I don’t believe leveling will be as much of a hassle as it is in most roblox games. Personally I find stat systems less time consuming than AA’s version of levelling stats, which largely consisted of just using a move over and over and over again. I’d rather have my character level up and receive stat points at the same time.

Vetex has spent months balancing the stat system for weapons and I’m sure he’s taken into account how scaling will work at higher level caps. In the trello’s patch notes he’s gone into extensive detail about how scaling and stats work.

Side note; not sure if you know this but AO’s scaling isn’t entirely dependant on stat points, a percentage of scaling is also dependant on level (75% stats and 25% level). So just because you don’t put points into something or you accidentally misallocate a few point’s doesn’t render you useless.

Tbh I wouldn’t exactly label AO’s stat system as “basic”, largely due to stat builds, awakenings and how big of a role they’ll play. I believe the biggest reason for the stat system in general was for builds. And from what I’ve heard many people are very excited/looking forward to the customisabily and variation builds will have.

I know you're familiar with the stat build system, but a small refresher for those that aren't

Ao’s stat system, like I said, offers much more than a standard increase to damage. It gives you more control over what kind of fighter you want your character to be imo.

Like I said I’m sure vetex took this into account when building and balancing stats so that the stats you put in will remain viable longterm. He’s stated that AO is planned to have around level 1000 as the final cap, so it makes sense for him to calculate scaling with any soft/hard stat cap issues in mind.

I’m not really sure why you think adding more of the game’s planned content into the game will make it unapproachable. A level 1 player will play at the level 1 island with a level 1 sword against level 1 enemies. As they progress, they will gradually encounter new content, level up, find new weapons, and get stronger.

AO does the same thing - let you focus on where to put your points. Testers and vetex have stated that all builds will be viable. Unlike AA, where you had to level stats up septerately one by one by using respective attacks over and over again, you simply get your stats and place them where you most see fit in AO.

Side quests are side quests because they’re optional; I don’t think it’s a good idea to make players do sidequests in order to actually be viable. Your main source of getting stronger should probably be main quests (unless you’re too underleveled for your current main objectives). Side quests already presumably have lore attached to them as well.

like I said I don’t believe stat damage caps will be as much of an issue as you think because of how the scaling in ao works.

I believe vetex has already voiced that he plans on adding a method of resetting stats at a certain point. I don’t think we’ve gotten much info on that yet though.

8 Likes

Afk clicking for 5 hours to be able to pvp isn’t fun wdym

5 Likes

I wonder how many ice ages it took to write that

1 Like

2 Likes

Since i pull an all nighter every other day, I have ~24 hours of extra time on my hands each week

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for Vetex to reply to this topic, if he ever will

Ping him if you want him to reply

@Vetex_

You really think I’m that bold?

2 Likes