Expanded Crew Features

Expanded Crew Features
effort 5.0 20 quality 4.947368421052632 19 reasonability 4.85 20

Agreed.

The few times I’ve been attacked while at sea, the attacking player just jumped aboard my ship and spammed me to death with magic.

Which, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind PvP, in fact I support it. But like you said, it just trivializes naval combat when the meta is to immediately board someone’s ship and spam magic rather than use the proper naval combat system like cannons and rams. I for one, love naval combat in this game, brings back good AC Black Flag memories. I would love for more players to utilize ship weapons in naval combat rather than immediately resorting to cheap tactics like this.

So yeah, make it so the captain is immune to all damage (exception for cannon fire) until the ship is destroyed or they leave the steering wheel. This will incentivize players to engage in proper naval combat and in my opinion, make naval PvP way more fun.

1 Like

the balance comes in from the limited add on slots you will have so you cant just stack all of them
carpenter allows passive ship regen but you’re using up a slot that couldve been used for barrelman/musician/boatswains/surgeons + other add ons that vetex has in mind
also the repair command makes carpenter useless apart from early game or if you just want to save galleons

this would make mimhere proud

love everything exepct the music ones, unnecesary the sailing song already nice enough

Fire suggestion 10/10

Another thing you could add is “Fighter” crew members that will attack and board ships with you after sinking a ship but the downside would be they’d be potentially more expensive or higher requirements than average and also probably die alot (obviously). You could even have Dark Sea fighter crew members that are really strong but have a small chance of aggroing onto you every now and then.

sounds awesome you got my vote

This suggestion is lovely. You put a whole lot of thought into it :smiley:
I particularly like the idea of crewmates interacting with other parts of the game, such as detecting relevant ocean points and performing worse under insanity.

The Loading and Unloading of cargo is a bit questionable to me (with the current cargo system at least), but with a galleon cost I see no harm in it.

Overall, nice suggestion

1 Like

I love this idea its really well constructed, however a few of the ideas such as the automatically repairing ship using the crew and carpenter seem a little OP

Also, to add to this post, having more quartermasters would be nice, as well as an upgrade for the existing one currently without an upgrade: Enizor
Just an idea, but if Enizor had an upgrade quest unlocked after level 90 to continue his research, he could be upgraded to potentially have slightly lower enchanting costs (maybe 5% lower?) and could also increase your ship’s magic storage
(I would post this as a suggestion but I don’t have the role and i felt like it fit well here)

All of this are good but imo we also need crew that can fight. And it would be cool if we could customize our crew just like ourself

crew fighting’s probably planned anyway

Prime example of a good suggestion, would love to see this added

doesn’t mean i should just ignore voting this thing, crew features are always awesome

my suggestion was what if you could have your crew repair the ship only when hiding
so you lose out on their buffs but you get to heal otherwise really good

I dont see much issues with this, besides the passive collection thing. 4 lemongrass herbs after a couple of hours? thats op!!!

me getting 5 lemon grass in a few minutes: “Noob Vs Pro Vs Hacker”

2 Likes

Sea Shanties in game would be nice.

if i have to listen to Wellerman for anything more then 2 minutes I am going to go insane and start destroying ships (then again i would be doing that anyways, but i will target ships with music)

imo doesn’t need to be a audible audio, I think it would be cool if they just said it in dialogue

start preaching the GNU/Linux copypaste
but yeah if that gets sent in chat i will be targeting ships, i dont care if i die trying if i can atleast get them to stop with the music/singing (I usually play with attack names off)

why do you hate wellerman so much

actually lemme give it a listen