Experimental power system I've been working on, would like some feeback

preach!!!

they put this in Writing mods gettem

technically nobody is “Normal” since everyone has a hidden, unawakened latent power inside of them

just some people don’t awaken it because of modern society and all that.

those who do awaken if (either by luck or hard work) typically first do so around the age of 15-20

once your power comes to light, drinking SP can actually be helpful as it kind of charges up your energy a bit, like mana.

prisma is ok as a power system, not too interesting but not bland either

if you had any ideas on how to maybe make it more interesting, how’d you do it?

(CALL IT SP :rage:)

idk man how unique/varied are the latent superpowers in people

make artificial machines that can do things with someones frequency, its clearly able to be controlled, why not artificially?

they range from turning parts of your body into film reels into being able to literally use grammar as a lethal reality warp weapon I’d say they’re fairly unconventional

oh my sweet child… you’re going to love WAVE industries…

not even the magic alien bullshit is safe from capitalism

Make it so thay if you say “to the screen, to the ring, to the pen, to the king”, you get sp ability thatd be fire

if I fill a squirt gun with substance P can I just instakill any aliens

“Weaving your future!”

WAVE industries is arguably the most prominent megacorp in this verse, being pioneers in frequency research and naming their company after the phenomenon itself, it’s prideful, yeah, but their original founder was credited with the discovery of frequency (amongst humans) in the first place.

no you’d just maybe make them nauseous

they need to ingest a lot of SP to get sick

“SP in the eye!”

oh that’s… that’s a screaming alien writhing in agony in an alleyway with a weird man in a bowler hat holding a super soaker.

1 Like

I like how this of all things is my defining feature to you

SP has a whole other world when it comes to how it behaves with electricity btw

@WarmWater I think you’d like this too, it’s arguably another paragraph or two worth of yap.

Ignoring the fact that there’s clearly stuff I’m hiding/haven’t finished yet, is there anything else I could add/improve to make my system arguably more interesting?

Kinda hard for me to figure out something new, I know there’s a lot of information you dodging on but the style of the power-system is kinda hard to grow if I don’t have same thought process as you do ngl

Since tasked with not trying to alternate or create too much versions of the current power-system you have where it doesn’t make much sense or serves to much purpose

I will say this

SP, and frequency, have a far more, “divine” side to them I’m purposely not elaborating on.

SP doesn’t originate from my universe technically, it doesn’t come from any plane of reality known by the gods or higher beings in a sense.

I guess I just need to understand how an SP ability and a frequency ability are different

also, the aliens have their own phenomenon similar to how humans can “crystalize” with high Prisma proficiency, their version of that is the “halo” effect, which as the name implies, grants them a (usually) average sized halo on different parts of their bodies depending on their typical style of combat or ability usage.

sometimes, these halos can grow massive.