Fan made Combination Magics

Hey it’s been a while i got bored of drawing AO for a bit i got hyper fixated on FNAF and Hazbin Hotel so I’ve been drawing that a lot but I’m trying to get back into and what better than something I drew last night COMBINATION MAGIC

How Imagine it is when you reached a fertile level as a mage (or conjuror if you get 2 magic to combine in the future) if you had 2 magics that can combine you can make a new magic called a Combination Magic
First up we have Obsidian Magic it’s a Combination of either magma water or Manama ice, it would have the highest bleeding In the game (besides cataclysm atm) it would also have great synergy with conjuror

Then we have Atomic Magic it’s Plasma and Explosions it’s status effect is radiation, when you are hit or run through the gas it produces your screen will turn green and you will take LARGE amounts of damage being hit with it also makes mutate it makes it so you can’t move as fast for a short time

Lastly we have Chemical very similar to Acid and Poison it makes gas and puddles it also can make you decompose or lose limbs it’s just poison and acid but way better

yes obviously these are OP but they are ment to be late game magics and everyone would have late game magics or weapons or fighting styles (I am not a game creator i don’t know how to balance abilities so if this was added into the game they would have the ballence and figure out how to make this better I didn’t add stats cause im not good at that this is just a cool idea I have)

(EDIT) I’m not a game dev, im not vetex, I know about mutations from AO but this is just a fan idea that sounded cool I don’t expect this to be a thing I just want to draw what I find fun to draw and I thought this was a cool idea I wanted to share nothing else

4 Likes

obsidian should be a glass variation

I have a feeling combination magics would just bring the same issues AA’s mutations brought, with people choosing magics for certain combinations instead of just choosing what they want.

Plus, lost magics already cover the whole combination aspect with things such as equinox, blizzard, and frostmetal.

i have an idea
what if fire and lightning combined

to make what?

fire should combine with fire to make strong fire

Chemical magic?
Where is my chemistry magic.

1 Like

WAIT ARE WE COOKING???!?!?!? :fire:

Atomic Magic would be neat if you tweak it to feel natural in the setting. The hardest hitting and biggest aoe magic but its cooldowns are absurd. So bad that even attack speed builds have heavy endlag.

thats just blaze

download (5)

Yes we are :speaking_head:

he just ate crystal meth.

1 Like

Hate to tell you, but this was actually a scrapped feature—it was called “Mutations”.

/j

North Korea magic is what we all need!

1 Like

atomic would be my most used thing in the entire game

Obisidian magic better be able to make a fucking portal to the Nether or imma be mad

1 Like

I dont remember that being an issue, to me its the complete opposite.
The issue is Arcane Odyssey lack of uniqueness in the magics, they just feel like copy & pasted versions of each other with slight status effect change. Being able to get any magic with any magic just seems kind of boring to me tbh…

Would be interesting if those combination magics were to help with fighting styles and weapons for conjurers, and fighting styles, imagine the damage boost

The magicless civilians watching someone nuke the entire continent with Atomic magic for the 4th time this week: