Fire Elemental: The Atlas Moth

Part of the Magic Elementals (Open Art Collab) series. If you’re an interested forum artist hmu.

• Credit to @Rlka for the color palette
  • Credit to @TheChickenRun for the suggestion of the Atlas Moth (Phoenix would be mad boring)

Female

Male

Process Video (may be loud):

Bestiary Entry

Another non-aggressive Elemental, the Fire Atlas Moth’s eye spots are used for intimidation, as well as to blind predators when in need of a quick escape. If such methods fail, the moth will heat its body, the tips of its wings, and the eye spots so that any predator is deterred or releases the moth on reflex. Said spots are also used for the courting of a mate, with the brightest and hottest spots being most favorable to females. This sometimes leads them to invade homes out of confusion.

The females have thinner antennae and slimmer bodies, though their wings are significantly larger in proportion to their bodies with more red hues. The males, meanwhile, have more orange tones and are relatively the same size as the females in terms of wingspan, albeit having larger bodies and thicker, stubbier antennae

So uh I finished this around 4 am last night but forgot stars and became a bit unhappy about the proportions so I decided to fix it and then I did enjoy. Also I’m surprisingly satisfied with this, I wasn’t really feeling it at first okay bye.

27 Likes

lamp

1 Like

Very nice idea with the male and female versions

@quest5

L Ä M P

Jesus, y’all are quick, but tyty

I get the notifications for new art.

@TheSandCrab on the other hand I can’t say for :sweat_smile:

Bonus Earth variant

1 Like

There’s something hauntingly beautiful about the burning rose. The moth itself looks amazing too! I like how its wings resemble both fire and fur.

1 Like

ayyee thanks!

now where's the fire pun

shit I forgot-

uhhh…how do I make an original one…

When I saw this drawing show up at 4am on the discord server, I knew that I should have probably slept first, yet I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame

1 Like

mmmm. acceptable.

So it looks like this moth has some flare don’t ya think? I mean, if we’re going by modern (almost dead) lingo that’s pretty fire dude.

some would say it’s lit

I think I like the female better. Both are dope asf tho.

dam that’s lit

holy shit!! this is stunning, the moth looks super beautiful and the fiery effect really pops out!!

1 Like

thanks!! I’m about to resume work on the Glass Spider :eyes:

1 Like

ver good yes