First Roblox now Minecraft?

First we have roblox doing their tomfoolery:

Not really a huge deal for the avg person or devs too much.

But these new changes for MC are much worse by comparison.

It really feels like they want to ruin their community entirely, doesn’t it.

you hate to see it man

Is this actually real?

What the fuck

this is such a microsoft moment

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-eula-and-commercial-usage-guidelines-updates

Yea.

U can find the changes about within this blog post and a reddit thread if u search up the 2023 EULA changes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Uncensoredminecraft/comments/15go2rm/new_eula_changes_its_officially_1984/

Yeah I think they are

Who would’ve thought years ago that the games we love to play would one day become the games we disdain over

If they’re violating EU law, that’s gonna get them shot with hundreds of legal shotgun shells by the EU.
Don’t fuck with the European Union, bro.

Companies want to own you. They want to own every single thing related to you.

Haven’t read the rules yet but doesn’t this mean 2b2t is utterly fucked?

I know I sounded like paranoid terminally online Linux users who are obsessed with their “privacy”

but why on earth has everything become literally 1984…
and no I haven’t read the book

My friend, the issue is that megacorperations are comparable to governments—except even greedier and fewer Constitutions and other legal articles made to restrict them.

You see this issue with every massive corporation, especially those grounded in America. Microsoft, Sony, Electronic Arts, Amazon, Nintendo (which isn’t American, but definitely has problems), etc. Remember that Minecraft is an offshoot of Microsoft now, and thus it’s controlled by one of the greediest and most corrupt companies of the modern day.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get it. but still…

I could not imagine companies like them become so huge that their presence is everywhere that you become their slaves just to do basically anything.

1 Like

maybe hoyoverse is next

I highly doubt Hoyoverse is going to really muck around their EULAs and Tos to this direction. Its not out of the question sure, but it’s rather unlikely to happen, especially at least anytime soon probably.

Remember that Hoyoverse started off in China and that their primary audience leans towards CN but still having a focus on Global. They’re still sort of subject towards China’s laws/regulations a bit but not as much now or something, now that they’re in Singapore.

Whole can of worms about that situation, and im not bothered to really remember much about it. Other than that the laws and regulations were starting to hinder Global PB, given the costume situation in genshin.

This is also ignoring the fact that Hoyoverse games are in a completely different side/genre in gaming, compared to Roblox and MC. So EULA and Tos changes and the like aren’t going to be entirely comparable, outside of fanworks and the like.

Welcome to the capitalist organization of society friend. Everything is running as intended.

Oh boy wait till u hear about S. Korea with Sony and Samsung. .

1 Like