Important, will affect developers including AO

Summary:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-terms-of-use-update-august-1st-2023-in-conjunction-with-other-changes/2498289

1. Here’s a high-level summary of the recent changes, effective August 1, 2023: User Terms We have created additional subsections and headings to make the Roblox Terms easier to read and understand. We have enumerated a list of “Additional Terms” that cover various functions on the Roblox platform and, depending on your use of Roblox, may apply to you. We have articulated certain actions which are expressly prohibited on Roblox so you know what you can and cannot do on the Services. We have updated certain intellectual property rights for both Roblox and Creators. We have updated the process by which disputes between you and Roblox will be addressed and resolved. We have added a section to address Parental Controls. Creator Terms We have incorporated the Creator Terms, which address items such as the use of Roblox IP and Roblox Studio, the offering of Experiences and Virtual Content, and the use of music on the Services, into the User Terms and made them applicable to all Users of Roblox. We have clarified certain intellectual property rights relating to the use of Classic and Modified Classic Avatars. We have updated rights relating to the use of Licensed Music on Roblox. We created a section to explain the rights and responsibilities of Groups. We created a section to explain Earned Robux and Engagement Based Payouts. We also made changes to other portions of the Roblox Terms to align with these changes. Please take some time to review them. In addition, we subsequently will be publishing

18 Likes

roblox is fucking dead in six months, I can’t wait til I can’t finish something I’ve always wanted to do on this forum because of that

How to piss off the community any% speedrun

7 Likes

So basically roblox is claiming ownership to everything on the platform but refusing to take legal responsibility for it.

there’s no fucking way that’s legal no matter what you sign.

21 Likes

Im just seeing this as the end of roblox
The amount of lawsuits they’ll be getting will be crazy

1 Like

@farerflare Don’t worry they are doing this speedrun so don’t worry

1 Like

That kinda sucks a lot.

Welp, I guess it’s time for me to learn Unity now…

4 Likes

Time to switch to Windows now and pray for a good f2p 3D rpg.

1 Like

not to mention they can also train AI off YOUR code that they are 100% going to use later on to make it so they don’t need devs for games

This means devs are now making games they no longer have the ownership that will be used to train an AI to get rid of them while anything regarding legality is still the problem of the devs and not roblox

1 Like

not to mention that they are functionally banning everybody who doesn’t sign up from the entire platform until they do.

1 Like

the page is privated now

unless you need an account to see it or smth

4 Likes

What the fuck

Yeah you need an account

baszucki is performing worse than elon right now

May not be relevant but:

lol, lmao even

5 Likes

Do the people running roblox NOT know why the actors and writers from hollywood are ALL going on strike?

3 Likes

this is such a modern roblox moment

Wizards of the Coast tried to take ownership of all D&D homebrew. It did not end well for them.

roblox explosion countdown

9 Likes

At this point, why am I surprised?