**Fixing the problem with weapon Utimate Arts**

**Fixing the problem with weapon Utimate Arts**
effort 3.75 4 quality 4.25 4 reasonability 4.333333333333333 6

Fixing the problem with weapon Ultimate Arts

There is a problem I have noticed with weapons and its mainly about the weapon level required to use a weapon ultimate art the first weapon ultimate art is acquired at weapons level 430.

This is a problem because this means that the first ultimate art warriors will acquire will be in a way higher level range than what magic and strength users will get their first ultimate which is at magic level 200 or strength level 230.

This is quite a difference in level ranges and to top it all of weapon ultimate arts are only usable by weapons that are tedious to acquire unlike making an ultimate art of crash technique and explosion and blast spells its kind of like if you told magic and strength users they can only use an ultimate art on lost spell and lost techniques.

This wouldn’t be a problem for late game warrior build but is definitely a problem for early game warrior builds because they would take longer to get an ultimate art then the other stat builds.

My solution: There should be a way to decide which weapon skill on a weapon can be used as an Ultimate Art and this should be possible with any weapon as long as their weapon level is 200+ the requirement for the weapon skill.

This would mean that the earliest Ultimate Art on a weapon skill would be the first weapon skill of an old weapon which would require a level 220 investment into weapons which is around the same level range the first magic and strength Ultimate Arts are acquired.

I have decided two possible options to decide which of your weapon skills would be an Ultimate Art.

Option 1: Upon equipping a weapon if you are capable of using an ultimate art with some of the weapon skills on the weapon the game would ask you to pick which one of them you want as an ultimate art.

Option 2: When using a weapon the player will have a sixth key to press which would be the prepare Ultimate Art weapon skill and the next weapon skill used after that would be turned into an Ultimate Art as long as the stat requirements are met.

In the end I believe this to be a good way to help keep stat builds balanced so that weapon users and warriors especially wont be waiting so long to get an ultimate art.

Edit: Weapon Ultimate Art Visual idea
If the weapons selected ultimate art is one of the first 4 weapon skill it will release a shock wave of weapon aura which would change color based on the weapon and the shock wave of aura would slightly change based on the weapons enchantment.
If the weapon has a damage increasing enchantment the shock wave will be more vivid in color.
If the weapon has an attack size increasing enchantment the shock wave will be larger.
If the weapon has an attack speed increasing enchantment the shock wave would be released faster.
(This visual would in my opinion be easy to translate between every weapon skill and still look cool)

And if the decided Ultimate Art weapon skill is the last weapon skill of the weapon it would have a unique visual compared to the previous weapon skills if not then it would have the same default Ultimate Art idea I thought of.

9 Likes

Also feel free to reply on if there are parts you agree or disagree

amazing idea, can I add on, I wrote an idea for weapon ult arts earlier? btw you have my vote

2 Likes

Never considered this… This is needed and pretty clever! Hope our warriors get this

3 Likes

Best one imo, interestingly though this would also give weapons a bit more verastility than magics… You can literally just turn any weapon skill of your choice (so long as the requirement is met) into an ultimate art on the fly.

1 Like

Can you send me a link to your idea about weapon ultimate arts I’d like to check it out

This requires creating an ultimate art for every single weapon skill on every single weapon, which isn’t happening lol

This just isn’t true. A 430 weapon requirement ultimate art is the equivalent of like a surge ultimate art. You’re looking at the wrong weapons. Iron shield has it’s ultimate art at 330 weapons, that’d be the equivalent to a blast/explosion ult art. A more reasonable suggestion would be to decrease the unlock requirement for iron shield’s ultimate art

The absence of weapon ultimate arts made me forget they even exist in the first place, good idea.

2 Likes

This requires creating an ultimate art for every single weapon skill on every single weapon, which isn’t happening lol

Do you even realise how much different stuff can magic do? Especially considering how a lot of the weapon skills are the same on different weapons it’s really not out of the question for something like this to become a possibility.

Would be a lot of work yea but I am simply comparing it to how much stuff can magic do.

This just isn’t true. A 430 weapon requirement ultimate art is the equivalent of like a surge ultimate art. You’re looking at the wrong weapons. Iron shield has it’s ultimate art at 330 weapons, that’d be the equivalent to a blast/explosion ult art. A more reasonable suggestion would be to decrease the unlock requirement for iron shield’s ultimate art

Still 100 points difference, 50 more levels put into weapons is nothing to scoff at.

1 Like

To be fair, magic ult arts are literally just larger and stronger versions of regular attacks, which you can change the shape of too. So adding what is essentially a bonus effect on regular moves like in the OP isn’t too much of a stretch to implement.

2 Likes

There are like 3x as many weapon skills as there are magic skills, what’s your point? It’s out of the question because it’d require creating an ultimate for every weapon skill, on every single weapon

I’m saying ultimate art: redirect should be like 200-250 weapons not 330

Thats why OP probs means only the first skill you unlock should be able to be ultimate like devastate. I mean we already have ult art explosion, so theres not much difference there

There are like 3x as many weapon skills as there are magic skills, what’s your point? It’s out of the question because it’d require creating an ultimate for every weapon skill, on every single weapon

Thing is that magic has a lot of customization and different magics, magic has a lot more than weapon skills. As I said before a lot of weapon skills are the same on some weapons as well.

1 Like

They’ve got custom-made visuals at higher tiers and custom magic circles, besides, creating an ultimate art for weapon skills that haven’t been designed around having ultimate arts would be an extreme headache when it comes to balancing. Ultimate art piercing shot, ultimate art fury of the sea, ultimate art shining cycle, etc.

Weapons have more variety than magics when it comes to skills, and in exchange magics get more customization, and ultimate arts on every skill. Imo, it’s a fair trade-off. Weapons also get enchants on every skill, whereas shapes are only usable on certain spells

Btw how would ultimate arts be difficult to implement for more skills wouldn’t they just become bigger and do more damage have a higher energy cost and larger cooldown seems like a simple math equation

Unique visuals for higher tiers, I’m pretty sure that’s a staple of ult arts cause all of them have that.

What again were the unique visuals for ultimate arts

Crash gets an outer ring of air or whatever as you travel, the embodiment gets much bigger (more than the size increase contributes I’m pretty sure), and the impact gets added effects, blast and ult art explosion get unique magic circles, and for the visuals on higher tiers idk cause those aren’t available yet

Well yea but then again on different magics the same spell can look very different and also do different things which depend on the magic itself. A pure warrior doesn’t have as much options compared to a mage or berserker.

1 Like