Forum Curses 2: Prometheus’ Arena

Polls Closed

15 - 2 for the Forums.
Although the polls are closed and victory seems guaranteed, the battle is still far from over.

To change the fate of every universe, you can write a small section of the battle against TAITC in the Lore Moment channel in the discord server.

You may not write a section where

• Any specific character is dead
  • TAITC gets mortally injured
  • The chronology of posts before yours is affected.
  • Any otherworldly force is involved
  • Etc.

Would Ian be considered “otherworldly”?

how am i losing so bad

The power of friendship (except for percival he deserves to die lmao)

Screaming furry omniboosts friends and makes glowmob spammer become more unbalanced than pokra and rhubarbarian combined.

Seems legit.

I’m gonna finish writing Percival vs Ian when I get home from band practice

1 Like

Musictest Finale.
[001]
No [302] detected. All systems [void]
The final [ERROR] will 7 of ? soundtracks.
Testing.

I’ll give you [credit] where it’s due, however you might [!] find yourself with :302: [[hyperlink blocked]] to [CONSTRUCT]

End

The fighting broke out.

Although one of the participants had been sent through a mysterious portal before anybody even launched an attack, they had managed to summon a powerful storm in the moments before.

TAITC stood still, watching, nobody made a move towards them, so they just watched. Until the Glow Curse user flashed towards them, attempting to attack, however pushed away by the threat of the Binary Sword.

They began to fight back.

Narrowing down their opponents with explosions and a large barrier dubbed the ‘Kill Zone’ they had plenty of control over the arena.

But it was still hours of brutal fighting before anyone had fallen. The Velocity Curse user had even escaped the arena unnoticed at first.

The first demise was the Unity Curse user, who sacrificed themselves in a sudden act to greatly empower their allies.

From then on the deaths kept occurring one by one.

Tetragon felt the needles of Glitch Energy pierce his spine as his body was suspended in the air.

Maple was soon after destroyed by a stray beam which shattered his heart instantly.

Neo was taken down by their own bullet, as the Reflection Curse failed to hit TAITC.

Ezia was cut into shreds by the energy beams of the Binary Sword.

Shell accidentally drained their own energy after a fragment of Glitch Energy changed their abilities.

“All of you, futile, dying to each other. I barely even have to try””

Dash was eviscerated by the Kill Zone.

Unoriginal eliminated themself trying to destroy a barrier of Glitch Energy.

Mandude was swarmed by the corrosive numbers.

A gap within the arena, formed from what seemingly was a black liquid substance opened up, and Ian Booth watched the fight from afar. Once again they were going to rescue another warrior from this deadly fight, and they just had to wait for…

He grabbed the arm of the nearby Chemical Curse user, Archenhailor, and pulled them through into safety.

TAITC continued however, to target Awesome.

“You’ve gotten stronger. Perhaps our good friend down there is helping you again”

However the Energy Curse user stayed silent whilst fighting back, eventually felled by TAITC throwing their sword.

“Although it would be safer for you not to mess everything up again.”

Eventually the newcomer Vance was eliminated, by a dart of Glitch Energy through the skull. Lettuce reacted violently, attempting to directly blind their enemy.

TAITC glitched through the blast and attempted to retaliate, failing and retreating temporarily.

Disgrace, Hat, Divanochi, Veronica Gates.

They were all eliminated. And although their numbers had dropped and the Glitch Curse was growing stronger, so did they.

Their will to fight was growing by the minute.

Eventually Headless was killed. Eliminated as his spine collapsed under the Binary Sword’s power.

“Consider this… revenge for sending Vetex after me. I should never have told you about the Roulette.”

Saiju was trapped between two walls of Glitch Energy.

Hat was erased from space along with his rebar.

Pockun missed their chance for a strike, instead being taken down by millions of lances made of pure glitch energy.

The empty black space at the edge of the arena reopened, and the Void Curse user looked out and yelled. “Sock, come here, I’ll get us out of this place.”

As the Spatial Curse user tried to use a portal to teleport across the arena towards , TAITC warped space and trapped them in their own suffocating void between reality and nothingness, killing them painfully as they failed to escape.

Ian watched in fear as his friend was trapped in this fate. Before the Glitch Curse could retaliate against him, he escaped.

“So much for your victor, Prometheus.”

Prince Fitzgerald ‘Rose’ Archibald of Guapo had been absent from a good part of the battle, instead talking to all the journalists outside the arena. However upon their return to the battle, they were dramatically taken down with a stray beam from the Binary Sword.

The few remaining participants, although low in numbers, still fought with more than all their strength as one.

The amalgamation of two curse users known as ‘The Gloop’ had been still providing defensive abilities to all warriors, attempting to slow their enemy and retrieve curses of the fallen fighters. Unfortunately after a large explosion, the burning slime formed into the same black substance as everyone else - dead as it ever could be.

“Look at all of you now. There’s hardly any of you left and I just destroyed your last defences.”

TAITC laughed. “Pathetic, you didn’t have a chance in the first place. It is and was always my destiny to be the strongest person in the universe.”

They glitched forward and grasped Lettuce by the neck, holding tight onto their incorporeal form using their curse.

They glitched back and threw the Glow Curse wielder to the ground, sending needles of Glitch Energy to pin them in place.

“Now I can spend my time torturing you all. Then I’ll just spend my time taking over the rest of this universe.”

Lettuce flinched as more needles pierced into their skin.

“Enjoying the scene Typ? Or are you remembering how you let Prometheus burn your little friend alive before?”

Lettuce gasped and shouted in agony.

“If you let me kill everyone peacefully I’ll at least make it slightly less painful.”

They grimaced and tore apart Lettuce’s skin slowly, watching as they writhed in pain.

“No.” Said Typ.

The Glitch Curse user stopped.

“Finally realising your potential are you? Finally working out what it means to be Sandal’s Successor? It doesn’t matter to me anyway, I’ll take this opportunity to reunite with an old friend.”

“No. You can’t. I’ve watched everyone here die twice over, and I know they died before in Sandal’s Universe. If you defeat us you’ll kill them in every other universe as well, it doesn’t matter if our hands were forced, or if our fates are sealed, I have the will to defeat you, and so did everyone who died before.

They’re standing next to me, all of them. I don’t care if you are stronger, I don’t care if you want the world as yours. I may not have the Essence on my side anymore, but I still have its key part - Sandal’s… no, my… NO, OUR WILL.

And we’re either going to kill you right now, or never.”

Typ held out his hand, remembering all the fallen warriors as their spirits stood next to him. The Tendon Acumen appeared within his grasp and glowed.

The Tendon Acumen has been repaired and transformed into the Forum’s Acumen.

TAITC still laughed, “Trying to be the protagonist are you?.”

“At least I’m not the protagonist alone. We all fought and planned to kill you, not just one of us.”

The Glitch Curse user pushed the body of Lettuce aside and swung the Binary Sword, to his surprise it was parried by the shapeless blade of the Forum’s Acumen.

The duel begun, both fighters swinging their weapon at insane speeds, and whilst Typ was supported by the remaining Curse wielders, TAITC began to realise that they were outmatched.

Prometheus, forgotten in the chaos, began to slowly walk away unnoticed.

The Binary Sword easily sliced through the blasts sent at the, yet had little effect on the weapon of pure willpower carried in the hands of the successor of Sandal.

The Forum’s Acumen created a gash on the Glitch’s arm. Blood spilt over and onto the arena floor.

Tavish, A. Indie Turvingham Corner the Fourth lived in a small town as a child. They began to take interest in the actions of Gods by their teenage years, and when Prometheus made the first curses, they were instantly interested.

Obtaining the Salt Curse, learning from it, editing it to be destined for absolute greatness, creating their own Roulette Curse, giving it to their then friend Sandal, meeting Headless, being hunted by Vetex, unlocking the Glitch, escaping into Tammy’s body, joining the tournament, committing hundreds of murders, fighting the curse users. All these moments flashed before their eyes as they realised how close they were to death, in an attempt to escape they glitched away from the Forum Acumen and threw their Binary Sword at Prometheus, before disappearing.

The sword sliced through Prometheus’s neck, causing his body to collapse as his mind was sent throughout the fabric of reality in an instant.

Typ kneeled to the ground, feeling the last willpower within Sandal fade, and looked at the Forum’s Acumen as it disappeared into nothing.

The others behind him also felt their power drain as their Curses disappeared with the death of their creator.

Tavish looked around at the empty void around them - a shadow of the world they were just in, more empty, less life. One of their Minus Domains, where they had all the control.

They smiled as they realised that they had escaped from the power of the Forum Acumen.

However, as they tried to manipulate their surroundings to their will.

It was gone.

The Glitch Curse had gone.

He was alone. Hopeless. Eternally trapped. Continually consumed by the dying pixels of what used to be their strength.

— Roll Credits —

Director: Randomness

Executive Producer: Randomness

Writer: Randomness

The Forums: Vetex and Headless

The Antagonist: Prometheus, Curse Maker.

The Protagonist: Headless

The actual Antagonist: TAITC

Best stolen body: Tammy A. Indie Turvingham Corner the Fourth.

Best jar: Sludge

Randomness Curse: Randomness

One of many Main Characters: Typ

Top Metamancer: Level

Resident drug dealer: Archenhailor

Mystery fire guy: Prometheus

Evil host: Prometheus

#1 Equinox Simp: Ezia

Necessary Death: Lettuce

Best Executioner: Percival Booth

Snack Selling Extraordinaire: Eium

Old Mentor Character: Sandal

Not the Inferno Curse: Awesome

Most screwed over by Rng - Shell

#1 Protagonist: Hat

Best Comments on fights: Sanek

Best jars: Maple

Most obscure curse: Mandude

GUN: Neo

Least problematic: Banana

Best non forum member: The Glooper (Tortle)

Most Fanservice Catgirl: Veronica Gates

Cause of it all: One mad Curse scientist

Cause of the Glitch: One funny developer.

Strongest Curse: Glitch

Biggest rocks: Divanochi

Funny BotW Curse: Dash

Absolutely sweeped: Pockun

Basically a void: Tetragon

That name: Prince Fitzgerald ‘Rosè’ Archibald of Guapo

Suicide Bomber: Unoriginal

Great ball of fire: Disgrace

Best Bros: Lettuce and Typ

Forgotten Character: Cursebeard

Carried the team: Vance

Valiant Sacrifice: Level

Unpaid Intern: Unpaid Intern

A lost soul: Tavish A. Indie Turvingham Corner the Fourth

Executor of Executors: Ian Booth

Prometheus’ Arena and all affiliated names are trademarks of V.C Film. Co LTD.

© V.C Sec. Co. LTD 2023

All rights reserved

— The End —

10 Likes

bro :sob:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This was fun. And a good story. Well done everyone

GGs :saluting_face:

So… what happened to sandal now?

He’s really gone huh

1 Like

Gone along with all the curses apart from the Roulette, which now with Headless’ death is stuck inside the destroyed first universe with no way in or out.

the void is calling

Ian managed to save Banana and Archen, and he dropped them off at a Wendy’s, promising to meet up again in a while at that same place soon :+1:

1 Like

well that’s kinda pathetic ngl

I’m a Kamikaze, that didn’t even manage my mission, says I “tried” to take down the wall :frowning:

What happened to Percival Booth:

——

. . .

Percival awoke in the arena, standing. Beside him were many of the other fighters that were in the tournament. Percival so badly wanted to find Sock to slaughter them as they did him, but he saw what every other warrior there was focused on: TAITC, standing in the middle of the arena, their power being sensible even from how far away they were from the rest of them. Percival looked up and saw all of the curses flying into the arena, going in front of their users. Soon, his storm curse appeared before him in all its wrathful glory, its violence already present within the cubic form.

Percival brought his hand up to it and absorbed it once more, the way he did when it first landed to him in his home. He felt his powers come back to him, but this time, he could feel the strength had increased. He started laughing maniacally, feeling himself becoming more powerful. He looked around and saw many of the people he fought before staring at him. He saw Prince Fitzgerald and Hat, looking upon him in fear knowing just as much how powerful Percival was now. Percival jammed his axe into the ground and channeled his power through it, lightning coming off of it violently as he formed a storm over the arena. Immediately the power of the storm showed itself, sending down streams of immensely powerful lightning down, shattering the ground around where it strikes, the winds violently pushing around the water as it began pouring down fiercely. Percival looked to the other warriors, who looked ready to fight TAITC.

Percival took Stormbreaker out of the ground, and he was the first to charge at TAITC. He swung his axe at them, to which TAITC dodged each time he swung. He fired off lightning bolts towards TAITC, and tried charging again. Before he could get close, however, he was grabbed at his waist by what looked like liquid shadows. He was then pulled off and into… nothing.

Percival drifted fast off into the darkness feeling that someone was grabbing him. Percival struggled as he looked at his surroundings. It was all black, all dark, yet he could breathe and see himself, even while being dragged through this void. He struggled to try and free himself from the grasp of the person holding him, before he tried using the lightning from his storm curse to shock them. He then quickly felt air around him, collapsing on a wooden bridge along a lake. He got up and saw, standing at a distance, Ian Booth, his nephew.

Immediately, Percival enacted in anger. “YOU!” He yelled at Ian. “YOU JUST WON’T DISAPPEAR WILL YOU?!”

“And you just won’t stay dead!” Ian responded. Ian spun around the black scythe he was holding, and Percival felt an odd familiarity to the weapon when looking at it.

“I spent so long trying to get the other fighters in that stupid god’s tournament, and it almost worked for once. I almost had a friend, someone who was just like me, for once, but you just couldn’t stay dead, could you?!” Ian exclaimed.

Percival laughed. “Dead? You could never kill me by yourself! You’re still the weak, puny child who was burdened upon me as your father died!” he yelled to Ian.

Ian frowned at Percival and looked back angrily. “I’m not afraid of you, Uncle. I won’t stand by just to watch as a god gives a corrupted, horrendous executioner powers. I chopped your head off once, I’ll do it again.” He responded, readying his scythe for battle.

Percival smirked and raised Stormbreaker up, before once again summoning a storm overhead, expanding beyond their sights and over the continent. He then brought it down, slashing the wooden bridge below, before raising it again at Ian.

“Then you’ll die like everyone before!” Percival yelled at Ian.

The uncle and nephew charged at each other, swinging their weapons with all their strength. Blue and black sparks flew as their weapons clashed at the blades. Ian then moved to the side and created a whip using his void, grabbing Percival by the torso and flinging him into the floor. He then charged at Percival again, but before he could slash at him, he was hit by a lightning strike by Percival, then forced backwards through Percival summoning a violent current of water. Ian then summoned a portal under him, before teleporting behind Percival. Percival quickly reacted and clashed with him again, before Ian went back into the portal and teleported at another angle again. He repeated this multiple times, each time clashing with Percival’s Stormbreaker. Percival then fired off a blast from his storm at Ian, which he dodged quickly. Ian then summoned another portal in front of him, but instead of going into it, he threw his Scythe into it and closed it. He then created a pair of swords in his hands out of his void, then charged at Percival again.

He slashed at the air towards Percival, firing off crescent-shaped blasts at Percival, which Percival fired blasts at to get rid of. He then charged towards Ian, and the two traded blows between each other with their weapons, before Percival managed to strike Ian with lightning, sending him to the ground. Ian tried getting up, but Percival stepped on his back to keep him down on the wooden floorboards. Percival then cackled, raising his axe in the air above Ian’s head.

“I should have done this a long time ago…” Percival started saying. “Now, any last words, nephew?”

Ian struggled, looking up at his uncle who towered before him. Tears seemed to come out from his eyes, but instead, he smiled.

“Say hi to dad for me, will you?” Ian asked. Before Percival could respond, Ian summoned a portal behind him, and the scythe flew out of it at such a high speed, severing Percival in half. Ian moved as Percival’s top half fell to the floor of the bridge along with his axe. Percival looked up at Ian, shocked, bleeding out from his lower half, and smiled as the life drained from his eyes. Moments later, the storm curse shot out of the dead body of Percival at the speed of sound, flying towards presumably Prometheus’ arena. Ian picked up Percival’s axe and put it on his back, before picking up what remained of Percival and throwing it into the lake as the storm he made raged on. Ian then created a portal of void, looking back at the lake, before walking into it to start his next task: to try and save as many of the warriors at the arena as he could.

1 Like