Forum Curses 2: Prometheus’ Arena

Forum lore is back for a sequel.

The Note

Please don’t spam the replies of this topic too much. There’s going to be many many polls and announcements which I want people to be able to read.

I’m also on mobile and I like having fingers not worn away looking for a specific reply

The Intro

This probably won’t make sense without the random forum lore scattered throughout the previous topic here Forummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmer Curses

But basically sandal was too stubborn to lose so became god and the forums and slapped Awesome to death, resetting the universe.

The Lore

“Prometheus.”

The man with no head spoke to the white flame.

“You’re still following me? Between even universes?”

The white flame shimmered.

“What the hell were you thinking? Trying to create more curses?”

The white flame fell silent in thought. “It was merely an experiment, to see how far I could take magic… how far I could push mortals…”

The man with no head shouted from his non existent mouth. “An experiment? You destroyed a whole universe!”

The flame retorted:

“And here we are, in another. The lives of so little aren’t worth anything. I’m more interested in that being you created.”

“It was nothing. Soon after you unleashed the curses onto that land, I met a user of the Salt Curse, who told me about a man wielding a special curse which I believe you never intended to exist. The Roulette Curse allowed the user to gain the powers of any other curse at random… however after they fell to the Magma Curse user I had to… meddle with fate slightly… bringing them back with the Absorption Curse - which managed to form a separate being made of a million different magics, I dub it The Essence of a Million Magics.”

“A mouthful if you ask me.”

“Neither of us have mouths.”

“It was stronger than the Inferno Curse user, even after I gave them some help.”

“Do you admit defeat then?” Asked the headless man, smiling in the void that was their face.

“No. I still have experiments to tend to.”

The white flame disappeared with a flash… leaving the horseman alone.

The Beginning

Imagine this scenario: you are a normal person, ignoring the fact your name sounds like a discord username, you live a normal life. Just one where AO also never existed. A flash of bright white light later and you are standing before a large cube. As the idiot you are, you touch the cube, watching with horror as it absorbs into your skin.

Without truly realising the extent of your powers, you return to normal life whilst also soon working out that you aren’t the only person with these powerful magical abilities. The news that thousands now have supernatural capabilities spreads like wildfire if wildfire was a global pandemic and people didn’t know how to wash hands.

The new ‘Curses’ were at your disposal.

Wait, Curses? Why Curses? What’s cursed about these abilities? Hang on, who are you? How… how did you get in…

[Error 503 Randomness Not Available]

Ideas race through your minds, imagine how much we could progress as society now that we can form whole cities in mere days. But before you could do anything, a rumour begins to spread.

You hear whispers about a competition, with billions of dollars in gold as a prize. You begin to see advertisements, posts on social media, even the national news is talking about it.

— Prometheus’ Arena —

All Curse users are welcome.
Prize: 3.4 Billion USD in 24 Karat gold bars.
Competition begins dd/mm/20xx

Sign up below, you will be informed the location and time of your fight. All fights streamed on Twitter X and at htttttp://www. Prometheusarena/watch.org

Legal details can be found on website.

Millions most likely found this dubious… but you’ll take the chances… won’t you?

The Signup

To signup to this competition, you only need three details:

• Your name
  • Your curse. If you participated in the last topic you may not choose the same curse. The Roulette and Absorbtion curses are forbidden along with GFCs. First come first serve.
  • Your special weapon to bring to the fight. Adds a little twist to the whole game. Before you ask why you’re using a weapon in a curse fight, you might have to use it in a unique way or two. No magic polluted seawater.

Good luck warriors.

Ping, message, DM or otherwise contact me with questions.

5 Likes

sock

spatial curse

barbed metal (tungsten) stakes, could use them pretty much like arrows with the curse

Arcanium doesn’t exist in this universe but I’m not stopping you putting some magic on a stick and throwing it at people.

i’ll just use tungsten then, should help if i ever come across a heat curse user

Name: Eium

Pronounced “Em”, one of my OCs.

Curse: Thermal curse

This curse allows you to control the temperature of any given object and themselves, allowing the user to create freezing temperatures and boiling warmth. Take note that just because it can change the temperature of something, does not mean it can create the phenomenon associated with that temperature. Ex: Setting air on fire just by changing temperature, this still need’s the proper procedures (fuel, ignition, etc). The user has an increased resistance to thermal fluctuations since they literally control “heat”.

Weapon:

Refrigerator

Eium likes having a cutting edge fridge where he can easily access cold temperatures to use with his curse. Has a range of 144 Kelvin - 88 Kelvin, which is pretty damn cold :cold_face:

can i be myself again i want to be an antagonist
don’t worry i’ll use a different curse
i have another one in mind

you soon realize this was a scam and did not compete

Yeah this is a whole separate universe. As long as you use a different curse I’m fine with it.

can i get uhhh

• rebar curse (spontaneously protrude rebar on any surface)
  • concrete mixer (it’s time to build…)

Tetragon

Curse: Darkness Curse.

If thy stares into the abyss for long enough, the abyss shall stare back.

What’s more scary then not being able to see or hear your opponent?

Massive fucking greatsword baby

average Sandal moment

ok think about this, how would you hit your enemy if they derive your senses from you lmao!!!

Saiju

Light (I called dibs last topic. . )

Poetry City Mararthon

This random book in Iowa apparently or smth.

aoe

Kenpachi from Bleach:

1 Like

Is TAITC still engineering the perfect setup

that is my exact inspiration holy shit you got it

block parry dodge

Ladies calm down, I’m only almost Picasso

He has the wind curse and just uses it for fashion.

His weapon is a basket of infinite flowers, they could be deadly but he mainly uses it for setting the mood or at best covering (hopefully suffocating) his opponent

Where the hell did you get a basket of infinite flowers from?
I’m nobody to judge though, you’re in.