FORUM CURSES: Code Smug

I punch the button into oblivion

By that I mean I press the button 302 times out of excitement

…a bit excessive but ok

the large gates that were previously blocking everybody’s way to the next area slowly open with a loud mechanical hum, as a PA chime echoes dully across the waiting room.

you can hear a pre-recorded voice from the speakers as the doors open

“Hey everyone! don’t forget that today is going to be the ramen special! remember to get your lunch tickets ready in the mess hall for our various broths! we’re intro- smugging smug smug, smugsmug, smuggin’s smug, smuggy, smug, smugsmug smug!”

I’m a god guys

THE DOORWAY TO THE ELEVATOR HALL HAS BEEN OPENED

TO KEEP THE WHOLE PARTY TOGETHER, I AM AWAITING MORE PEOPLE TO REPLY TO ENTERING THE ELEVATOR.

I enter

“Are we on a boat?” I gesture to the tables. “Also why can bro see through walls.”

Oh yeah and I enter the elevator

I drag myself and my comically heavy bag into the elevator.

Name: The Ameliorator (nobody knows my real name, including myself, so I’m just called the Ameliorator colloquially)

Curse: Skin (I manipulate and conjure skin)

WAIT DID YOU GUYS ALREADY- GRAHHH
this keeps happening to me…

I ENTER THE ELEVATOR, AS THE SKIN CURSE USER AKA THE AMELIORATOR :saluting_face: (full sentence fuck off)

Water be grabbing everything :sob:

Lucky does a backflip and fucking dies

alright well it seems like everyone is in the elevator

including some new person, but we’ll assume they were here upon entry through the lobby.

time to go down the elevator, it’s a surprisingly smooth ride that lasts for around 20 or so minutes, with an unrecognized jazz song playing in the elevator itself, awkwardly filling the room with it’s somewhat cheesy rhythm.

the number display on the elevator thankfully hasn’t seemingly been altered in any way or by any force.

alright, before the doors open, what’s everyone’s current status/feelings? anything that needs to be said?

oh yea also don’t forget @randomness and @warmwater have beef to resolve still since warm needs to try and roll above a 16 to avoid being robbed

It’s not theft it’s the art of picking pockets.

I wonder if I should wait for more replies or if I should elaborate on the room the rather large elevator has finally stopped on

the number UI displays “FLOOR: 50”, which has you realize that this might be the first, actual floor of the facility.

did we go up or down?

down, the lobby is on the surface and the actual facilities (and containment centers) are all deep beneath the earth (it’s more secure that way)

the way the floors work is that the number gets lower the deeper you go, it’s a bit archaic, I’ll admit, but that’s how it’s been since the place was built all the way back in the 40’s

so floor 50 is still high up