FORUM CURSES: Code Smug

yea, your job is to reach floor 4, which is the start of the critical-class containment sector.

The facility was made in 1940?

yea, I sadly aren’t allowed to share with you the exact details as to who or why the place was built specifically, but I can tell you the basics of it.

Originally, the site was going to be used as what most people imagined area 51 to be, a giant, secretive base mainly made for the storage of extraterrestrial relics and technology, in hopes of defending the earth from possibly hostile forces beyond our world.

but as contact was established already and other “anomalies” began to show up, the site’s founders simply repurposed the entire place to handle more bizarre things

also, some of those extraterrestrials played pivotal roles in sponsoring and funding the site, as well as providing some of the tech you’ll see in later floors.

are we still in North Guapo? Why is North Guapo running a British facility? Did they build it in Britain to stop people finding it?

oh uh, about that…

sorry, that information is classified :sweat_smile:

Do we happen to have any info on said anomalies or are we going in blind?

oh yeah, why the hell am I here. I’m completely lost.

A lot of the anomalies you’ll find on the higher tiered floors are mostly inanimate objects/weird artifacts stored in specialized rooms, but the deeper you go, it might get more dangerous… as you approach the critical containment sector.

@Randomness currently seems to be armed with one of the more benign anomalies, IE-097, an old flintlock that uses blood as an exchange for creating ammo seemingly from nothing.

An old flintlock that uses what no- hang on. Uh. Flintlock. Yeah I only have one bullet and I really need that just in case gravity dissapears.

Btw

this might sound a bit uh, alarming but

there’s, technically… 2 major anomalies on the loose we’re aware of.

SC-404, the smugpocalypse bringer, and the one you’re tasked with to suppress.
SC-[CLASSIFIED], Tetrachromatic Yzogdimensional Pseudo-organism

the other anomaly hopefully shouldn’t cause any issues for now, but they’ve always been one of the more… “rowdy” anomalies stored here at the site, if you run into them, make sure to be extremely careful, and ideally near a table.

1 Like

no way is that Typ from Forum Curses: Prometheus’ Arena

Not quite…

Just remember, if you see shiny looking, glowing fluid on the walls, you probably should run away as fast as possible.

anyway, welcome to the first floor of your journey, level 50

there’s a pretty decent amount of stuff to look around, you have 3 directional options.

-left
-right
-forwards

you cannot go back to the elevator, as it has already been shut, everyone is currently standing in the central area of this floor.

I go left!!

you find yourself in what looks to be some sort of armory.

there isn’t any equipment though as the place was seemingly run dry when SC-404 broke out of their containment, however, a green shimmer catches your eye.

there’s a pair of night vision goggles that must’ve fell off the rack into this corner during the chaos of the initial breach, it seems like it’s still functional.

Right is always right, so I go right right away, right?

it’s a weird hallway consisting of what looks to be some kind of employee of the month wall.

there’s dozens of pictures ranging all the way back from 1953 to present day, the quality of the pictures slowly increasing with the decades.

you notice, not all of the employees are necessarily human beings… some of them resemble creatures you’ve never seen before, others seem to be those same, strange, big eared humanoids that have been appearing everywhere.

the most recent employee of the month was a guy named “Carlson”

for “exceptional work in being a tolerable person to be around”