Forum Curses: The Second Act

I guess I’ll… yawn… join

oopsies

i’ll volunteer

Sage SAGE was chosen as the volunteer for the Challenger Fight

The Challenger Fight: 2

Lee Roberts smiled, “Oh, so you’re the volunteer? Bring it on. I haven’t had a good chance to see what I can do.”

Challenger Strength:

3 STARS - POWERFUL

1 - The Challenger, LEE ROBERTS, The Glorious (None/None) - The Pressure Curse, Wooden Sword, Shield and an amulet containing a single blast of Fire.
2 - Sage Sage(ADAPTABILITY ADV, PHYSICAL DIS) - The Imagination Curse, Various Magical Items

AT - ToAH Arena, The Eleventh, Nyx District.
Brilliant sunlight.

Curse Strength
0 voters

DIS NEUTRALISED 1 WINS

Physical Strength
0 voters
Weapon Strength
0 voters
Curse Defence
0 voters
Fortitude
0 voters
Resilience
0 voters
Curse Speed
0 voters
Agility
0 voters
Initiative
0 voters
Perception
0 voters
Tactical Advantage
0 voters

ADV NEUTRALISED 2 WINS

Adaptability
0 voters
Wildcard: Glory
0 voters

what i can do:

full version
the curse

the curse

put simply, the imagination curse’s power is to make imagination real. here are some basic examples of what it can do:

• creation by imagining something appearing
  • transformation by imagining something changing
  • effects, sort of like enchantments, like strengthening, quickening, slowing, hardening, slipperiness, or making something inflict burning
  • link: using other people’s imaginations, the curse is able to do actions such as bringing their fears to life to use against them or supporting their abilities. this essentially targets the opponent’s resilience stat directly

one thing to keep in mind is that user of this curse is a physics nerd and student, which will grant them some interesting examples for their abilities such as teleportation, portals, and other nerd shit related to physics and space. for some specific examples, check Discord

my weapons

my weapons

my chosen weapons include a raincoat, an umbrella at my hip, a graph paper notebook in a coat pocket, and a box of coloured pencils and pins at my other hip

the raincoat
  • the raincoat: a lilac raincoat that has been warped by the imagination curse, now looking like a raincoat with design aspects of a knight’s armour. the hydrophobic properties of the raincoat have been enhanced to apply to attacks in general, having them slip off on contact to protect the wearer. this is high marks for fortitude and curse defence
the umbrella
  • the umbrella: a dark indigo (practically black) umbrella with a candycane handle that has been warped by the imagination curse, it can now take on several forms. these include a shield with similar properties to the raincoat, a bow that appears to shoot the pole as arrows with the candycane handle becoming the fletching, a chain weapon that can be used to grab and restrain, and a polearm for a more physical melee. in all of these weapons, the exact shape and kind of the blade/weapon bit (commonly formed by the ribs and canopy of the umbrella) is indeterminate as it can shift into multiple kinds (i.e. the polearm can be a halberd or naginata, and the chain weapon can be a chain scythe or bola). it has of course had its durability and attack power enhanced so it doesn’t just break like a regular umbrella
the graph paper notebook
  • the graph paper notebook: a graph paper notebook with a plain lilac cover, it has been enhanced to never run out of pages. upon ripping a page out of the notebook, the page appears to expand until it encompasses both user and opponent, and they “enter” the world of the page, the paper then apparently shrinking and disappearing from the real world as they do. this world appears as blank and white, with a crosshatching of black lines everywhere. there is “ground” to stand on. it is not possible to send only one person into this world, as if there is just one person left it will deactivate and eject anything that entered it. the purpose of this world is essentially to enhance the physics student’s imagination, particularly with the crosshatching lines representing space, allowing for greater and easier control and precision over things like gravity and warping space, as well as a synergy with the coloured pencils.
the pins
  • the pins: the pins are cyan push pins. they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to keep something in place and stop it from moving when applied. this gains more efficiency and precision when in the graph world
the coloured pencils
  • the coloured pencils: a box of coloured pencils with a large assortment of colours, they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to apply all sorts of effects. there are many pencils, but here are some core examples:
  • red- lightning and plasma
  • orange- fire and explosion
  • yellow- light
  • green- earth and metal
  • blue- shadow and darkness
  • mint- wind and cloud
  • purple- water and ice
  • black- absorption
  • grey- pierce and slash
  • silver- bounce
  • white- reflection
  • ochre- sticky
  • brown- blunt
  • lilac- portal and gravity
  • cyan- speed
  • amber- grab and restrain
  • forest green- wood and plants
  • pink- squishy
  • slate- hard
  • crimson- damage
  • olive green- camouflage and invisibility
  • emerald green- defence and crystals
  • cobalt- healing
  • indigo- size and shape
  • gold- slip
  • bronze- float
  • platinum- expulsion and attraction
  • dark grey- smoke and ash
  • cerulean- magnetism
  • copper- mental
  • aubergine- acid
  • coral- magma
  • lime- flesh and organisms
    these pencils are also able to colour objects to give them their properties, which has interesting synergy with the umbrella, raincoat, and notebook. the umbrella and raincoat should be self explanatory. if a page of the notebook is coloured before being ripped out, then, once it is, it will create a world with the properties of that colour, such as an orange page being filled with fire or a mint one having constant strong winds. multiple colours are possible, but each colour won’t be as strong as if it had been a full page instead.

summarised version

summarised version
the curse

the imagination curse’s power is to make imagination real. this includes:

• creation
  • transformation
  • effects, like enchantments (strengthening, quickening, slowing, hardening, slipperiness, making something inflict burning, etc)
  • bringing other people’s imaginations to life (i.e. fears, essentially a direct attack on their resilience stat)
  • user is a physics nerd and student, so things like portals, teleportation, and other physics and space stuff (see Discord)
my weapons
the raincoat

a lilac knight-themed raincoat that has been enhanced to have its hydrophobic properties apply to attacks in general, making them slip off the wearer. this is high marks for fortitude and curse defence

the umbrella

a dark indigo umbrella that can transform into 4 weapon types (shield with similar properties to raincoat, bow, chain weapon, polearm). the exact kind of each weapon is variable (i.e. polearm can be halberd or naginata, chain weapon can be kusarigama or bola). its ofc been enhanced so it doesn’t just break like a normal umbrella

the graph paper notebook

a lilac graph paper notebook, that, if a page is ripped out, will bring the user and opponent into the “world of the page”. there’s “ground” to stand on, and it is not possible to send just one person in, must be at least two. the purpose of this graph world is to enhance the physics students space based abilities like gravity and warping space by allowing greater ease and precision. there is also a synergy with the coloured pencils

the pins

cyan pins, they have been enhanced to keep something in place and stop it from moving when applied. this gains more proficiency and precision when in the graph world

the coloured pencils

a box of coloured pencils with a large assortment of colours, they have been enhanced by the imagination curse to apply all sorts of effects

list of some of the pencils
  • red- lightning and plasma
  • orange- fire and explosion
  • yellow- light
  • green- earth and metal
  • blue- shadow and darkness
  • mint- wind and cloud
  • purple- water and ice
  • black- absorption
  • grey- pierce and slash
  • silver- bounce
  • white- reflection
  • ochre- sticky
  • brown- blunt
  • lilac- portal and gravity
  • cyan- speed
  • amber- grab and restrain
  • forest green- wood and plants
  • pink- squishy
  • slate- hard
  • crimson- damage
  • olive green- camouflage and invisibility
  • emerald green- defence and crystals
  • cobalt- healing
  • indigo- size and shape
  • gold- slip
  • bronze- float
  • platinum- expulsion and attraction
  • dark grey- smoke and ash
  • cerulean- magnetism
  • copper- mental
  • aubergine- acid
  • coral- magma
  • lime- flesh and organisms

also able to colour objects to give them their properties, interesting synergy with raincoat, umbrella, and notebook. raincoat and umbrella should be self explanatory. a coloured notebook page will, when used, create a world with the properties of that colour, such as an orange page being filled with fire or a mint one having constant strong winds. multiple colours are possible, but each colour won’t be as strong as if it had been a full page instead

tldr: domain expansion

i highly recommend reading at least the summarised version before you make any judgement, though the full version will have more details

ok now i’ll try tackling some points individually

curse strength

the pressure curse is able to control gravity. however, sage “sage” sage, being a physics student, is able to do that just as well, if not better when combined with the graph world, especially so if it’s a lilac coloured page. this would not only have them match the pressure curse’s abilities, but also give them the possibility of negating the pressure curse’s attacks by evening out their gravity. additionally, they would also have options for destructive stuff other than gravity such as explosions, lacerations, or a car crash

physical strength

curse defence

the imagination curse has objects such as the raincoat which can make attacks just slip right off, but also has access to portals and teleportation to simply dodge attacks as well, or the white and black pencils to combat them head on. the pressure curse, being gravity, may actually make their defence worse by drawing attacks into themselves

fortitude

sage has access to the raincoat, whose hydrophobic properties have been enhanced to apply to attacks in general, making them slip off on contact. i think this would assist greatly in having a high fortitude stat

resilience

the imagination curse is able to delve into another person’s imagination to bring out their deepest fear, effectively targeting their resilience stat directly. this would in turn lower the opponent’s resilience stat. plus, imagination, being a mental thing, would likely come with a good resilience stat to begin with

curse speed

imagination, being a mental thing, essentially means that its speed is the same as the speed of thought, which is practically the limit for something controlled by a person. if you want to bring up the actual speed of attacks, then it would be possible for the imagination curse to use light or lasers to attack as well, or even just match pressure by using gravity too

agility

lilac pencil, cyan pencil, silver pencil, gold pencil, bronze pencil, ochre pencil, amber pencil, and also just like flying

initiative

as said before, since imagination is a mental thing it would essentially be the speed of thought, granting it a fast activation time

perception

ngl this one’s hard think of stuff for either side, i guess i could portals to see stuff though, or maybe “sense” things in the graph world to heighten my perception. though i will say, imagination is influenced and inspired by things in the world, so without perceiving things, imagination would be severely limited

tactical advantage

just look at this, no one can yap as much about this as me

adaptability

wildcard: glory

the reason i chose the imagination curse for this forum curses event was because i wanted to redeem it. in the first forumer curses (whose results were decided by just randomness with no polls), i chose the imagination curse and was deemed defeated by the lightning curse. i disagreed with this loss, as there were absolutely measures that could’ve been taken to win the battle, such as a faraday cage, or grounding the electricity, or even just rubber. so, i chose the imagination curse again this time to prove its abilities and show what it can actually do. i will redeem it, and for that, glory is my goal.

I’m ngl sock, this kinda sounds like cope.

imagination isn’t typically associated with controlling nightmares, this feels like you’re using a totally different ability at this point

it just brings out their imagination in the form of summoning their worst fear, it’s not farfetched, and it’s not actual mind reading, think of it like sylvie’s ability from epithet erased

Im scared of begin rich

Everyone talks about what the imagination curse can.

What about what it can’t? Limitations generally make abilities more interesting and less of a lock and key

I honestly think turning imagination into reality is too far fetched for the Imagination curse. It should be a strictly mind based ability, by which illusions and hallucinations can be basic applications. The Reality curse or Creation curse should be the only one to create objects/bring objects into reality

The imagination curse here is as if Morden can say arise and bring dead people back to life or make undeads, which is outside the boundary, though related

The death curse cant do that

Which is my point. The death curse can’t do even that but the imagination curse can create, transform, enchant, make super personal mental attacks and so much more

Though I suppose it’s our job to beat him in actually creative ways when the need arises

It really is. I can’t even begin with this. But since everyone’s having fun, go ahead

I’ve got plans for Imagination dw

Do you have plans for HGT (other than us almost dying)

P. S. Will the singularity I made that wrecked the stage have implications

yeah
nvm you said not almost dying