Forum Curses: The Second Act

just make the student really stupid. like the hand or something

not really, cause you’d also need to somehow get enough energy to reach light speed, removing terminal velocity won’t change your acceleration

A student with the ability to create portals and a student whose ability is to remove terminal velocity = murder

[topic: performance 2034: macbeth, theater, by jane heres]
replying to rami fjord

Don’t know about everyone else but I was forced into this club. My choice is not out of fear but indifference to the arts.

A student with a grand fire curse: murder

You could give a GFC to a newborn and they could probably kill someone

wouldn’t that make you be able to just suspend things in mid-air?

kinda spooky :stuck_out_tongue:

no, it would allow you to accelerate something infinitely despite any resistance that the medium it’s in would provide

…I’m confused

what’s terminal velocity again?

I thought it was the maximum speed something could reach when falling in the air

yep, so if you remove that, as long as you keep providing an object energy, you can accelerate it theoretically to near light speeds

…oh

I see…

yea but wouldn’t you need to like provide energy to achieve that?

(it seems that point was already brought up earlier)

like surely if I drop a penny from my height to the ground I’m not gonna explode the earth even if the penny has no terminal velocity

yea, the penny would hit the ground before gaining enough speed to do anything spectacular, this is why when i had the space curse during prometheus’s arena i would combine vacuums with portals to be able to actually take advantage of a lack of terminal velocity, otherwise it’s not a very useful power

something ain’t MAGIC 101??? ?ing

the thing about energy is that gravity is a constant source of energy, so the only limit is how much distance the coin can travel

You’re gonna need to be pretty high up to get anything interesting I feel…

well, as sock said, portals solve that problem by just being infinite height

Now you’re thinking with portals!

I guess

I don’t think being able to remove terminal velocity comes with free portal creation tho :frowning:

you know I’ve always wondered

what happens when you perfectly align 2 portals with eachother?

and are portals 2d or 3d objects?

what do you mean by that?

either one, although that depends on if portals are truly objects to begin with rather than just connections between space