Forum Curses: The Second Act

I feel like most people have seen that video where some dude proposed the question of what would happen if you passed a portal through itself

so what would happen if you got one end of the portal and just perfectly aligned it with the other side? like, so it makes “1” portal or it looks like it does

that’s when you become friends with the portal maker

if two holes are the exact same size then they would just rest on top of each other, so it should be the same with portals

I’d say it’d just make both portals inaccessible from being on each other, delete both, or cause a violent explosion due to the universe’s physics engine pissing it’s pants and causing the portals to be in every possible location at once, ripping everything apart

so you’d end up with a hoola hoop?

yeah probably

depends on if portals are affected by gravity

i guess so

i assume not (I’m thinking of like, aperture science orange and blue portals)

well the way those work is that they bump whatever portal is shot onto the other to the side if someone tries to shoot them ontop of each other

I had a stroke reading this

basically, if you’re using aperture portals, it’s literally impossible to stack them on-top of each other, because if you try, the portal just spawns to the side of the portal you’re trying to stack it onto

what if I just

forced them to align perfectly

using my skibidi toilet powers

it would fail because you do not have powers

yea I do

I know how many fingers you have

you have 8

it’d be like aligning two identical cups perfectly, they’d just rest on top of one another

what would happen if you tried to traverse it

(would you just go through it normally since it’d just be a fancy hoola hoop made from quantum plasma slime stuff)

you’d probably just fall right through it as if it were air, or rather just hit a wall if you’re using a portal gun since those always apply onto portals

if they’re facing away from each other, it’d just be like traveling normally

if they’re facing towards each other, your body would squish against itself until you’re crushed

if the portals are both facing the same direction, then, assuming the portals are double sided, it’d just be like traveling normally

if the portals are both facing the same direction, then, assuming the portals are single sided, it’d be like walking into a wall or whatever happens when you walk into the back of a portal

hi

How does one join this little game? The original post explains it but seeing the current discussion, I’m a bit confused.