Forum Curses: The Second Act

ah shit im cooked

Reply to OP

…I see

I kinda just, randomly put in something that sounded pretty cool in my head when I was creating my profile page on the application form, I don’t actually really remember what my power was that I wrote on the sheet. I’m assuming like, something dumb like slime magic or something lol

I did get invited to a tournament, and I think I saw the brackets too, I’m up against some other guy and I am a bit excited, I can’t lie, though, the prevalent feeling of unease within me from all of this is still lingering.

I’m still not entirely sure what to make of this, but I feel like we’re all apart of something much greater.

A bit of a small update here: I’ve been casting my powers a bit and, it’s definitely not slime.

It’s warm in my hands but, when I cast my ability I seem to cause almost every plant within a certain radius of me to start wilting, if I keep it for long, they start burning away, and whatever else is left seems to be flattened somehow…

I don’t seem to feel anything though.

It’s strange, I have no idea what my “curse” is supposed to represent, got any ideas?

Replying to Ladnas

Apparently the person I’m up against first may or may not have explosive powers (No seriously, that was his theoretical one he wanted.), so I hope just a few hours of practice could help me against him.

The more I think about this whole thing, considering the powers some people wanted (and could have now if that hood guy gave it to them), the more I feel like this is going to end very badly somehow. If it starts looking bad later in the tourney I’ll try to at least do something (plan pending, I guess).

Also, looking at the forum, you seemed to have put “Neutron Star” for yours, which as far as I can tell is just a collapsed star that didn’t turn into a black hole(?), which could explain the burning and flattening of some things for you I guess?

Reply to OP

Neutron star?

Oh, I think I remember now, I was a bit influenced by some music I was listening to that day to put that as my answer, I didn’t put much thought into it.

Though, if I can control the power of a neutron star, I worry that might be a bit of a burden…

I know some other people who seem to share similar powers with me, so I guess I’m not entirely alone in the dark with this “curse”, the more I think about it, the more I start to understand why they call it a curse.

With power like this, my life has taken a very strange turn, and I’m processing what exactly I just did to myself as I write this reply.

Replying to OP

So it appears some of us have received a ‘curse’ based off of what we answered for our favorite magic. In that case it should be easy to figure out the curses for everyone else here.

My question is how did that cloaked figure acquire these ‘curses’ in the first place? Since last I checked magic isn’t real.

Wait which message is this in reply to, because the convo between Calypso and Ladnas is a private chat :sob:

MrYes used his Yes powers to enter our DMs

oh wait i should have an acid coloured pencil

Trust me, it’s 100% canon

You know what would be a horrifying opponent?

a lawyer character with the paper curse

death by legal documents… :fearful:

Shit, this looks fun, might join up…

First though, should I scroll up and read through all 950+ replies or am I perfectly capable of just hopping in?

Question, did you submit a character already?

Nope, 's why I was asking.

Did I need to be present and make a character around the start?

Unfortunately character submissions ended yesterday

Gotcha. That’s too bad, my timing for checking the off-topic section couldn’t have been worse.

If I knew you were interested in this kind of stuff I would’ve pinged you