Forum Curses: The Second Act

@Flayire
Hi please vote fair thanks :smile:

man if I lose this early in the tournament I dunno what I’m gonna do bruh…

The votes are so against me, the only thing I seem to be winning in is raw curse strength.

what a bummer :face_exhaling:

Welp aw well I guess I just do what most other people do when they lose and that’s go completely inactive and forget this exists lolz

(it’s almost poetic how the guy with the curse that’s exponentially shittier than mine and would normally almost always situationally lose only won because of rigged forum votes :fr:)

I’m losing the weapons vote to tuna man :sob:, its so fucking over

honestly tuna is a pretty viable weapon

I really thought to myself, “alright I didn’t get paired with an insane curse in fact its pretty tame, they have no advantages, and their weapon is tuna. I’m totally chill this round.” only to get shit stomped lmao.

Can we vote on our own poll or nah?

sure

You’re about to get bitch slapped with one of these:

what if you banned the participants in that battle from voting at all

we’re both kinda slow anyways but idk how the hell imagination would boost your speed

for life i can quickly move my body (or the molecules that make up my body)

my battle started while i was asleep, Lettuce invaded my house and shoot me in the face with a bookzooka while i couldn’t even defend myself

Blind the user with physical paint or turn the entire eye completely blinding white. Can’t do much when you’re blind, eh?

That’s not what I originally thought of but go ahead.

Notice the lack of wildcard poll today? Yeah that’s totally intentional. As it’s the first round. Super intentional.

Enchantment curse 2.0

And yes, sorry for replying so late. I was at school lol

Why, some may say it is quite… Random

Alright then. Fine. I’ll make a convincing answer for you damn it.

I can use my storm curse to edge out lightning, putting the negative charge above the clouds and the positive charge below, ionising (I think that’s the word in English) the sky. Now, instead of actually getting the lightning, causing the ground to neutralise my hard gotten charge, I will keep it there and shape it into a electromagnet. The air act as insulators and long wisps of cloud work at the wires.

Now, my electromagnet will attract magnetic objects and superheat them and at some point, turn my clouds AC and spin the really quick. Now, with my metal enhanced tornado that I just made, I will shape it into being in a way that throws the superheated metallic objects bore into you.

Now, I can use the same uber powerful electromagnets to cause a change in the earth’s liquid metal layer, causing tremors in the ground and this, causing an earthquake by which a tsunami is caused. Now, hurricanes galore and lightning everywhere.

But that isn’t even the main dish.

You know how microwaves work, right? Using electromagnetic waves to generate heat and cook food? You are the food and I am the microwave.
And yes, transforming into your curse. I think I asked for weather but this’ll do.

Look above. What counts as a storm? Water molecules mixed in with various other stuff floating over a specific layer of the sky? Then what are cosmic storms? Will I be able to control, or even turn into them? If I’m against the neutron star curse, I’d like the ability to do so, even if it’s for this fight. Using these cosmic storms which I assume am able to use now, can I not make my own neutron stars to combat yours? Yes, it’s like using high level fire magic to counter the fire curse but Theos did it, against a guy with multiple cursed with only 2/3(phoenix magic was due to his wife, not used a lot except healing and mobility)

As for why people seem to lean towards me (or my character) winning:

Storms are part of the sky. Look up, and you’ll see the weather. A large part of humanity is in the sky, acting as an anchor to the tumulus world.

Neutron stars are quite abstract, even now. Calling it a “stronger sun” works, but narratively, people would prefer if the force representing the sky won.

And then there’s an underdog effect. You should always just remember it’s not about winning here, it’s about having fun.

Letting someone who cares a bit too much about this little game on this forum leaves a bad taste in the mouth, even moreso if the person deliberately took an obviously super powerful ability without any moderation or restriction.

But if someone who tries to stick to the original, is still a bit playful about all this, is using a fire extinguisher (which may as well extinguish your neutron star, yes) and is using an acceptable amount of power wins, it isnt all that bad.

Stop trying to seriously win. There are other things that you should put the same amount of energy in to do.

Wish you the best of luck, regardless if I win or lose.

can we actually do domain expansions

Honestly, my entire ability is a domain lol. But considering it’s based on AA and AO, no? As Randomness