Forum Patch Notes v2.4

huh, interesting.
guess ill start following people.

aye I got featured in this post!
I definitely like the new follow & rating system. I know for a fact that being able to follow peeps will be quite useful to me.
Dunno how much I’ll personally use the rating system, but I imagine that it’ll be useful.

Finally! Perhaps we’ll begin to see not so popular; but still gold suggestions get a shot at being noticed.

This rating system is very bulky. It has a massive vertical footprint in the suggestions category, and also in other lists like unread and new.

If I’m understanding right, ratings also clutter the replies - every rating is a (somewhat tall) reply to the post, and bumps the thread. The replies to a relatively popular suggestion like meta’s recent one to keep bleed stacking would be 80% emojis if every voter had rated it.
Obviously not every voter will rate the suggestion, but crucially not every person rating the suggestion will vote for it either. I get the impression this is going to result in bad suggestions getting bumped over and over as everyone jumps in to make their invaluable contribution of:
Effort: ✰✰✰✰✰
Quality: :star:✰✰✰✰
Reasonability: :star::star:✰✰✰

Some people have suggested limiting it to only TL3 or TL4, but I don’t like that either - the noise is still there, just slightly less of it, and our TL3s are our most active users anyway.
It’s also preventing anyone who’s not a forum no-life from “voting” on the suggestion quality, which isn’t great.

1 Like

damn, jinxed the following in the art hub :frsmirk:

Same thing with “Suggested Topics.”

5 suggested topics suddenly become multiple screens.

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.