Full Release Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

My guesses for what build she is from most likely to least likely are:

1. Mage
  2. Conjurer
  3. Warlock

I kinda like it. For players who aren’t caught up on the lore and don’t know what chaos is it’ll be this mysterious area, filled with creepy iconography and ghosts giving information about what happened here, and vague but intriguing information about the cult that killed them and some mysterious force. Eventually they reach the innermost chamber and find the long dead king now controlled by whatever this mysterious malevolent force is.

Not only would it feel like a cool reward for going down, but it adds a lot of intrigue to the world and is much more interesting as or more hands off thing rather than like the story.

As for it showing up in the second sea, I don’t really find that to be an issue either. For all we know he could just not be added as a boss until we’re into another sea and a lot stronger, and we’re either not allowed to fight him or are way too weak to fight him until then. Even if that’s not the case though it’s not like we’re fighting pure chaos either, just chaos puppeteering a dude’s corpse, so its not like it wouldn’t make sense for us to be able to beat at whatever point it’s added. Plus it being here so early adds a lot of opportunity for it to be expanded on in future islands and seas which it wouldn’t be able to do as well if it just started at the end. Having a cool boss semi-early on with just a small taste of chaos’ power is good for set up and drawing people into it.

Excluding Arcane Chronicles, there is no mentions of Chaos or Creation.
Sure, there is DS altars, but now that we got bridge island and catacombs, at least we are shown corelation of teal-light and insanity.
Cause before that, the only mention of teal light is Apocalypse Bringer (which is either unrelated or a chaos-driven magic), Death and Akursius Keep which got nuked.
I feel like a lot of newer players might confuse that Akurisus got nuked by Nero, due to said corelation of teal light and Apocalypse. But at least now with that huge chamber with king, newer players can put dots together.
Now we need direct mention of chaos :clueless:

Oh and can someone explain me the sight-ritual. Like, the ghost thing. In DS its tied to magic holding souls and not letting them pass, what about sight cult?

I’m thinking, or at least really hoping, that the stuff with chaos will be continued after this and eventually we’ll get to see it directly named. Maybe some really devoted follower, may or may not be a ghost, shouting some “MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD” type stuff lol.

I think its similar to whats happening with DS. Massive concentrations of magic cause people to become ghosts trapped in the mortal plain. Chaos is the thing that made magic and seems to be made up of it as well, or at least emits it. Then the sight cult manages to summon it, even if it’s just part of it(cause the whole thing probably would’ve blown up the entire area), the super concentrated magic from it has the same affect on the people sacrificed to it as the dark sea has to people who go in it. Whether or not chaos is doing this on purpose I’m not sure.

Completely unrelated, but I never realized how high some criminal hp pools can scale

Level 1 seeing boss bar for level 2 npcs :skull:

1 Like

level 10 walks into an island and sees a level 20
“Armstrong, the Wanted Criminal”
“239 / 239”

2 Likes

Gravy NPC said burn marks I think

I’m 90% sure they said scorch marks, which is plasmas signature effect. If she doesn’t have plasma I’ll be extremely disappointed

I hope we won’t fight the king with insanity 3 :sob:

I pray to god we don’t have to fight him in that chaos chasm, literally can’t see anything there :sob:

Imagine if we fight him in the scary hades pit (the one your too afraid to go down)

my friend theorized the plasma curse

I think the navy guy says it’s fire.
Honestly, a grab attack for her being her strangling us would make sense, I hope Vetex does it

we arent fighting a curse user for a long while yet, you forget this is an early game side boss and curses are stupid strong

i said my friend

and im saying your friend is WRONG and STUPID :fire:

1 Like

@moosemastergod3 me personally i wouldnt let that slide

alright y’know what you’ve convinced me, I fw that interpretation

1 Like

yeah its not like fighting the devil himself
instead its fighting a poor guy possessed by a lesser demon