Headless uses autofishing?

I’ve heard from multiple people that Headless, the head admin, uses auto fishing programs to cheat the game, but doesn’t want to admit it. Because of this, multiple people I know have already begun developing auto fishing hacks to automate the fishing process. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW THIS. Fishing is an extremely grindy part of the game, and certainly the most “no-life” aspect of WoM so far. I don’t want to waste the tons of hours I put into fishing when someone just comes along and starts AFKing overnight.

9 Likes

Their little auto fishing won’t work once I push them into the water haha

This could be a surprisingly effective counter. You don’t need to kill them, just push them in. Besides, if they are AFK, they’ll drown and lose some crown. Nice

Here’s the thing. It’s not a hack. It’s a simple script to automate a non-infinite supply of crowns. Unlike other forms of crown farming, like chest opening, this requires you to have a substantial amount of bait, and if you’re getting a catch every 20 seconds or so, that can add up to over 180 bait per hour.

Yes, it gives an advantage to people who use these scripts, but realistically fishing is only worth it for the sunken gear, which are probably going to be outclassed within the near future.

Macroing is not a bannable offense. It will never be one unless an easily macro-able method is found to get crowns.

1 Like

yeah this has been confirmed by multiple people and it’s complete bullshit ngl. honestly, this is all unfair and ruins the game. i hate grinding as much as the next guy, but having actual staff partaking in something like this doesn’t seem like ethical game moderation to me.

either ban macros like these or make an automated program already in the game or even have a public download for a macro like this. regardless, something must be done.

and to reply to @NaCl

this is the reasoning behind why macros arent banned:
Screenshot_20200724-033234_Brave
it states that macros weren’t punishable in the game because they didn’t provide unfair advantages. well obviously now, this provides unfair advantages.

people with these macros are able to fish without the normal fatigue or missing that people get without them and can fish for a lot longer and more efficiently. same reason fps unlocker is not allowed because it gives unfair advantage in the game.

3 Likes

You can’t macro fishing, macroing does the same thing over and over, fishing is a bit different every time because of the waiting.
It is definitely not impossible to automate fishing though.

Who can I report Headless to for exploiting?

You should try Headless, he’s one of the main mods. You will need video proof too.

What’s his ROBLOX user name? I’ll hunt and stake him out like a snake and then report him to himself.

Actually it’s not bannable to do that, Vetex deems it “not possible” to automate fishing, so it’s technically not against the rules…yet.

Okay, to create a script to auto fish, all you need to do is check when a certain pixel on your screen turns white, i.e. the one with the exclamation mark pop up. Then you need to click every frame until another pixel turns black, i.e. the border of the “you got an item” thing.

Never say never - Justin Bieber. I will find video evidence and expose them for exploiting and automating it.

I mean, anyone can design a program to autofish. You just need to know how to do it. Unfair implies that some people simply cannot do it, and therefore are at a disadvantage. This, is not true. If you don’t know how to program? Your fault. You can learn. I’m learning.

If anything, one could make the argument that this evens the playing field between those who have tons of free time, and those who don’t.

Unfair implies that players are not on an equal playing field, but anyone can make a script to auto fish. People just don’t know how, and don’t want to spend the time learning. Automating stuff like this is becoming increasingly common in the real world, so why should game be any different?

Of course, you could apply this argument to exploiting, and technically, it would work. Anyone can download an exploit and get it working. The difference lies in how exploiting generally causes the player to do things they ordinarily could not - that is, phasing through walls and getting chests, doing infinite damage, the likes.

Automating a simple task like clicking once you see a big white bubble isn’t exactly the same thing as flying through walls and instantly killing anyone who walks near you.

also @NaCl that’s actually a very clever way of telling when you get a catch.

Exactly

not everyone can script or have free time to learn to script. i am not gonna sit down and read programming for dummies just because “everyone is equal :)” this is an unfair advantage, and just because you’re okay with it because you’re probably find with grinding, doesn’t mean it’s okay in general.

also incredibly weak argument that it “evens the playing field”. are you telling me the people who took the time to learn to program an automated fishing script has less free time then people who don’t? doesn’t make any sense and doesn’t even include the people the who barely have time to grind at all. if i could leave my computer on and press the funny automated fishing button while im out being busy, i would.

doesn’t make sense to allow people who aren’t even on their computer to grind and get crowns up. you know what we call those kind of people in other games? bots. and they get banned because it is unfair to other players who aren’t an automaton doing the same task repeatedly. not everyone has time to learn a whole programming lesson for just this one game.

honestly defending actions like these, especially for people in charge of moderation, is not going to go anywhere. just because you may have free time to do the same actions as them, doesn’t make it right. gives an unfair advantage, especially to people unaware of this happening

4 Likes

Bootlicking for moderation goes against the people’s goals. Gamers rise up. @Headless you’ll be locked away in the Silent Tower when I am through with you.

1 Like

In seriousness, I agree this is pretty unethical and is just not in the spirit of the game. I disagree with the mechanic of grinding, but to have people who are in charge of running a tight ship in the game to go and create a program just to do this is pretty slimey. No one should be above the (game’s) law.

And to reply to some of your points @Several_people, what makes it fair to having be able to learn to script just for this? You’ll just be widening the gap of unfairness considering not everyone is not in a situation of leisure or are able to fully comprehend programming languages for this certain task. I failed an HTML class after I forgot to show up so I think I am already disadvantaged. Do not brown-nose the superiors! Put them in place!

Oh, so you don’t have time to learn how to program, but you have time to go fish for 11.111 hours for a single piece of sunken gear? Unfair advantage my ass. If you have time to get a sunken piece of sunken armor, you have time to learn how to program or do something useful.

Yes, it evens the playing field. If both parties are using afk fishers, then it doesn’t matter who’s life is more pathetic and boring that they can spend all their time fishing for sunken gear. If it takes time out of the equation, that’s one less thing that could be unbalanced.

You seem to think it takes too long to learn a programming language. Sunken gear still takes ages to get, especially if you want a specific enchantment. Like I said before - if you have time to fish, you have time to learn. Besides, it’s a skill that you will keep for your whole life, so no, you didn’t do it just for a game.

If anything, making an auto fisher would SAVE you time, instead of taking it up.

I’m not doing this for headless. I’m doing this because I personally think that people should stop trying to shit on automation, especially for simple tasks like this, simply because the “old ways are better”, or “people who don’t know how will be at a disadvantage.”
Learn.

@JUMBO I think everyone can learn how to program, or at least enough to make an autofisher. Like I’ve said time and time again, if you have time to fish, you have time to make an autofisher.

Also, it sounds like you aren’t actually disadvantaged when it comes to programming, seeing as you failed because you didn’t show up, not because you didn’t understand the concepts. I’ve seen your posts, you’re definitely not stupid.

This shit is happening in the real world - things are becoming increasingly automated, because why do something if you can have a robot do it for you? Fishing is literally a waiting simulator, and I don’t see why I should waste my time as a human being doing something that a couple lines of code could do.

In the end, though, it’s up to Vetex. Does he want players to sit through fishing? Or is he fine with players automating it, and he doesn’t really care.

1 Like

if it disrupts you so much to see someone automate just kill them or move them… not like the dudes gonna wake up in the middle of the night and come back to fix it

2 Likes

Gonna be honest, I really don’t care about autofishing. If I had the knowledge I would make one too. It’s not having an effect on how you play the game, it’s just autofishing.

of course though I don’t know how to make one