HighSchool starting in a week

Really anxious

Any advice?

Freshman year btw

just don’t be cringe or don’t be overly edgy (based and redpilled) and you should be goated :sunglasses:

Don’t overthink it, just relax and try to seem approachable. I’m a really introverted person but managed to make a lot good friends just by saying “hey” back to them in the first week

After the like first month or two you’ll wonder why you were worried in the first place.

4 Likes

Focus, actually do tasks as soon as you get them. Do not let your arrogance get to your head. Make friends whilst maintaining a sufficient level of academics. Observe first and speak later.

imagine making friends
(fr actually make friends in hs)

Don’t be afraid to look somebody in the eyes.

A good piercing stare is a great way to keep would-be assholes off of you.

B-b-but I’m bad at talking to people :pleading_face:

Also what if I sit alone? Will I get picked on?

Maybe.
But the opposite is also possible. Somebody could see that you are sitting alone, so they decide to go sit next to you, simply because they don’t want you to be lonely. And if you are bad at talking to people, then just try your best to talk to people a little bit, like if you are doing group/partner work in class, and over time you’ll get better.

Your loss just be cool to everyone though

Do you have friends from middle school that are going to the same high school?

L highschool starts in over a month for me

Nope

Easy for u to say “joe” :unamused::sob:

same

In that case, I recommend actively trying to make friends by going out of your way to talk to people. Try to wedge your way into a friend group. A huge percentage of students probably also don’t know anywhere there either, so it’s easiest to make friends in your freshman year.

Bruh but I can’t aaaahh :sob::sob::sob:

I am so deathly nervous about talking to people I actively lie about always having covid

Lucky

JUST DO IT! SAY HI TO SOMEONE AND ASK WHAT CLASSES THEY’RE TAKING! MOST PEOPLE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU!

I WILL FRAME YOU FOR MURDER IF YOU DON’T MEET SOMEONE NEW AND BECOME FRIENDS!