Hopes for the Future Story for Arcane Odyssey

I agree with everything here, just that I don’t know how they’d really explain Warren being a villain. I mean he more or less drove the player down a path to kill multiple high profile order members including a high lord who gave them a grasp over an entire kingdom.

I mean maybe they could explain that Ravenna didn’t matter to the order as much as something the player is/has? Idk just spewing

I hope for 2nd awakening or something, we get to fight our inner self as a boss which copies all our skills and stats

The warden player having to fight their 5,000+ hp inner self

4 Likes

It says it there in the post.

Warren’s inferno might be the Grand Fire Curse, which should mean that Warren shouldve become crazy. But being a protector of a whole kingdom, a kingdom possibly containing curses, and even their emissary has a Curse, I think its more likely its the Curse.

I remember Tech saying somewhere (the Lore Encyclopedia trello) saying that Morock (another Grand Fire Curse user) had his personality fracture in times of stress.

Warren couldve had something like this to bear the Curse, only for it to go weong, and said “other Warren” is the one behind the Order.

Also, remember the only guy who havent seen Warren? Morden. The one guy who managed to recognize the Order symbol, the only one who have been with the Order up close. Why is he the only one who didnt get to meet Warren the entire time? :eyes:

Also, it was pointed out, questioning why the Order found out that Beringer knows the about the Death Curse’s location, and Beringer is an Emissary for Azura… weird.

Theres also Randall’s talk about Ren. Its kind of implied that he wouldve attacked Ren if he didnt have good intentions. Isnt that odd, considering they seemed to have known each other, even for a long time? Why is Randall guarding against him in some form, if they seem to be acquinted with each other. And Warren wonders why Randall havent talked to him.

I think itd be a pretty shocking twist and would put MC at a turmoil on what to do, especially if he’s the last High Lord

Agree on this point 100%. After so many bosses being in aesir in the bronze sea, it can get stale super easily. A good mix would be fine, non-aesir and aesir bosses, just if from here on out if 90% of bosses are aesir it’s gonna get repetitive as all hell.

YEEESSSS OML
i swear if morden becomes a villian I’m going to be pissed. I know his curse would make it very likely he becomes the antagonist but I pray that there’s another way it doesn’t end up like that because it would be more interesting to see him struggle with the curse effecting him but ultimately overcomes it.
Though, I also don’t want Warren to become the villian. I hope he continues to stay as that mentor figure (who occassionally goes to get the milk then comes back after 20 years). Idk i just don’t agree with him becoming the villian, but it is possible.

I hate tsunderes as much as the next person. No doubt, don’t make her one.
As for the love interest thing, yeah nah don’t make her in love with the MC, don’t let COI win.
For Morden though, I’m 50/50 with it. It could work, it couldn’t as well. Iris doesn’t need to be in love with anyone, however I have this headcanon that somewhere in the future (maybe at the start of nimbus), Morden helps Iris make a grave for her father just like how he did with Tucker. He’ll help comfort her since he knows what it’s like to lose someone close to him.

But again, that’s just my headcanon, most likely won’t happen. Again, I’m fine if it doesn’t happen, completely understandable if anyone disagrees.

100% DO NOT want it with the MC

Honestly, interesting stuff that I never thought of. Not really much to add on, though I would prefer MC regains their memory because they are suppose to be their own character with personality.

On Morden;
I feel that there’s a thread dangling vis-a-vis the Death Curse and the fact that Tucker’s body is an extant unique object that changes over the course of the story. I think that as Morden develops his use of the Curse more, it would be interesting if we saw him struggling with the ability to revive one of the few people he considers his friends, and the ethics of doing such a thing. Just a thought. Also, I hate twist villains (which I don’t consider Calvus to be, by the way) and I think there are plenty of villain candidates that aren’t Morden (a clearly conflicted, yet inherently kind person), Warren (a long-standing protector of those weaker than him who at most will be killed due to the similarity of his role with Theos), or even Neviro (who, while standoffish, is also clearly morally good and has the equity of others in mind. I also think he’s likely to be killed, possibly by Revon, who I predict will end up being antagonistic because I have eyes and am literate, after he learns that Neviro worked with the player’s group.)

yeah wotan isn’t a part of the order, and some order people won’t be from the story like how one of the bronze sea’s barons isn’t

17 Likes

the entire next sea’s focus is a war so yea the order won’t always be the main focus, also wtf is a tsundere

26 Likes

1 Like

death magic and dead revival arent tbe same thing

1 Like

I mean, the only time he could’ve met Warren was back at wind-row, and even then he was unconscious.

There is also that time back at fort talos, but he’d left in a rush after meeting up with Beringer and discovering the curse’s location. There’s a pretty large gap of time between Morden’s departure and Warren’s arrival, so I’m not sure if they’ve met.

Thats what im saying. Vetex kept Morden from meeting Warren for a reason… and Morden’s the one person who’s seen the Order up close and remember it, MC forgot. He also happened to be the only one of the gang who didnt meet Warren… so I think theres a reason to that

1 Like

everyone has been betting on him dying or becoming the villain before the game even release :skull:

hopefully Vetex can cook up something better ( pls i want to see him and the gang happy )

dont think she will be

Vetex doesnt, or at least no longer, watch anime and as such has little reason to include such a trope

Iris isnt a tsundere, girl just has anger issue ( that shes trying to getting better at controling ! ), and possibly trust issue

MC background would be interesting, but im fine with them being more or less a nobody tbh

Okay, guilty :frowning_face:

From what Ive seen, it seems Iris is actually the more trusting of the gang along with MC, because shes the one who was shown to care the most abt the group in several occasions. Its Neviro and Morden with the “trust issues” as far as I can see

our Lord doesnt know what a tsundere is WE WON

2 Likes

i rather none of the gang get with each others tbh, just a bit tired of love story for now ( that, and im concerned whether can Vetex and Tech pull off a good love story or not since those things are hard hard )

maybe he was one of its founders/ early members and left after it became more corrupted and “dark” ? or just discovered that sometimes after ( wouldnt really explain why he still has the symbol on tho… unless hes a spy )

or just secretly a bad guy, both works ig

Who’s to say that curses in this game won’t lean more towards their ontological nature than in prior games? Think outside the box a little

Thats the thing though. Magic is… well, imitation. Not the actual force. This probably wouldve worked if Death was an External Curse, but its Elemental. So its just the element of Death, not power over death on others itself.

Honestly, the only closest thing I could think of something unique that the Death Curse can do is that if it doesnt go away upon Morden’s death, he’s still able to hold on to it as a… ghost or something. Randall did manage to merge himself with nature through his Curse, so uhh… yeah? Just Morden merging with death, so to speak…?

Morden pulling a “but it refuses” and keep fighting even after death to buy us some time sounds bada$$ ( and sad ) as fck ngl