How does Magic exactly work?

I’ve went through quite a few posts, but I haven’t got too straight of an answer, or i’m just stupid (Most likely).

I’m assuming every living being has magic energy inside of them. So, every being has a type of mana inside of them. I don’t know if every being already had mana in them, or if it was given by Prometheus.

But, only beings with the Magic Gene can manifest their mana into magic and use it (What magic you get being entirely different.)

So, does canonically every being, even ones in different universes where Prometheus never gave the gift of magic, have mana, but just can’t use it not having the gene?

Other things I figured out is that some magic comes from Chaos, but magic and it’s sources are super complicated. Is there any way somebody can make this easier for me to understand?

As of now, i’m assuming different types of Magic come from different sources, and the Magic Gene given by Prometheus to early humans is what lets you harness it.

Personally I don’t think different kinds of magic came from different sources it’s just people found ways to use their mana.

Huh, seen things saying it comes from the soul, Chaos, and mana. This stuff is confusing.

If I remember correctly the stuff that comes from the soul is just how they originally used spells before magic circles became a thing which lowered you lifespan as well.

What’s magic energy, then?

the fuel

So magic is drawn from the magic energy inside of you?

Mana

bro theres no such thing as mana wym??? if you’re thinking about the fuel its called magic energy… ur legit about to give this man schizophrenia

Did magic energy exist inside everyone before Prometheus gave people the magic gene?

As far as my knowledge goes: Magic comes from the soul, with humans learning how to properly wield it after Prometheus’ travels. This is explicitly stated in Vetex’s lore, as magic was limited due to the toll it took on early users’ souls. But this disagrees with the genetics theory, placing us at a general impasse…

My best answer is that it is drawn from the soul, and bolstered by magic circles constructed from mana.

1 Like

Magic energy and mana are pretty much the same thing by definition in many rpg games though

1 Like

This is more complicated than I thought.

Honestly I think Vetex could’ve worded some of his lore a bit better…

1 Like

I’m guessing Magic energy existed in every being, before the magic gene. The gene unlocks the ability to use your magic energy (And create circles). This way, humans didn’t only have to use their soul anymore.

Perhaps not magic energy, but the nature of the soul is bound to certain magics. Then again, it wouldn’t explain mutations, not to mention the fact that curses fit nowhere into this discussion…

In the end, it’s a lego game. I don’t think Vetex put a massive amount of thought into the lore.

Plus, the matter created by a magic attack comes from somewhere, and it returns to somewhere. That’s probably chaos storing it and delivering it or something.

Law of Conservation of Energy. It likely just disperses into the air or the ground, or returns to Chaos. This explains much of the strange climate and materials of the Arcane universe. In other words, contributing to the pool of Chaos’ influence every time magic is used, meaning we may run out of magic energy one day (if time were to go on forever).