How does Magic exactly work?

So, what exactly does the magic gene do?

That’s what I still have no clue about. I don’t think there’s much use in trying to guess until Vetex makes a definitive answer for us.

Huh. So here we’re assuming the soul can conduct magic energy, and it’s control is more powerful the more the magic energy is near it.

Then, magic circles are designed from reshaped magic energy to be able to conduct magic much more easily, making the toll on your soul less.

1 Like

Precisely, and I’d assume (in lore of course) that the magic circle’s configuration affects the resulting spell, perhaps requiring different runes to form different attacks or variations.

Easier to make a magic circle than it is to make a giant ball, since a bit of your soul disappears the more you conduct energy with it… The magic circle just makes the job easier

1 Like

Here’s the process.

There’s magic energy in the air around you. It’s pretty useless. Then prometheus came along. He made something happen better than bread or butter… The magic gene. Now, your cells can store magic energy. Oh yeah! Now it’s NOT so useless!

Let’s see. The soul has a property that lets it manipulate magic energy, especially that nearby it. Let’s draw some energy in, shall we?

fwooooosh.

There we go. As you can see, we have as much magic energy as our body can physically hold. And it can travel pretty easily through our body because of the gene, and our soul manipulating it.

“But what element do we have, Mr. Percy? :nerd_face:

Well, that’s where minds come in. They’re tiny special places in your brain, that serve a special purpose. When you get old enough, you get your first magic, though how it’s determined is for another time.

Let’s say your first mind is fire. Well, guess what it does? Magic energy has special properties. If you shake it up like a bottle of pop the right way, it’ll turn into a specific magic. Your mind gives you just the right combination so that you know how to do this, but only for a specific magic.

Now, the first magic came from the soul. That was costly. But now, a great invention, almost as good as toasters and pop tarts. Magic circles.

If you didn’t know, whenever your soul manipulates magic energy, a little bit of it drips away. But what if we could use MUCH LESS magic energy in our spells and get an even better result? Introducing our Magic Circles.

They’re almost entirely 2-dimensional, and all we have to do is cram the design into our tiny, pea-sized brains. Then, it can effectively channel magic energy to make our spells for us, without having to manipulate magic energy as much. It also makes everything much more accurate and can form spells. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

Now, we can cast our spells. Just shake up a magic circle with little to no cost to our soul, let the magic energy channel through it and form into your magic with your cool channeling combination, and boom. Once your other minds are unlocked, you learn how to shake the energy up differently, and turn the energy into different magics.

Since the energy is in such small increments, if you twist it into your magic inside your body, it won’t hurt you unless you build it up. We use magic circles anyways now, and the transformation is done in there. After the spell is cast, eventually the energy will return to normal, and can be absorbed again.

How it turns into elements with certain motion combinations, nobody knows, but nobody cares lolololol. Thus ends my Tedtalk.

Nice

2 Likes

I solved the problem

My IQ is almost out of the negatives

Uhm, great i guess… so i have a couple of questions (not to anyone specificly)
1 does this mean that you cant draw magic in space?
2 how does your mind settle on a second type of magic?
3 where lies the source of the magic energy? it must be coming from somewere? (or did i miss something?)

I don’t know if you can draw magic in space. You mean outer space? Your soul could still drag it in.

I’m not sure how minds are chosen, that’s for another time.

The magic energy sits in the air. Magic energy might possibly originate from Chaos, the first unknown. It’s also called Mana, or diluted Chaos.

hm okay, so basicly everything originates out of Chaos?

Creation made most things, but it’s the second unknown. Your soul doesn’t originate from Chaos, but the lore at the very beginning is blurry. It’s mostly Greek Mythology though.

like with Zeus, Hades, Poseidon ect… (man i feel like im stupid)

Yes, every being has magic, but the wielding of it comes from the gene (or at least I think)

it’s best to ask tech since none of us have the exact answer

Bravo. Might as well make that post the solution for this thread as well.

That solution also means that non-magic gene wielders don’t have magic energy inside of them. Maybe only the wielder of the magic gene’s soul can draw it in?

please stop, my brain started smoking. i think i understaind the part: draw magic, rais hand, shoot shoot

Never on Earth have I wanted to ping tech more

here is a fun one for the beggining of everything tho: some supreme being traveld back in time to make himself, then when he did that, he created the world : )

There’s a story in the lore where Durza fought the Earth Curse User. He drained the magic energy out of him, and that’s how he absorbed his curse. This curse user didn’t have the power to use magic though

I need answers so bad

I’m in agony every second I don’t know for sure how this works