How has your experience in dw been?

The whole premise of deepwoken is to gradually build up knowledge every time you wipe. You need to be patient for progression otherwise you won’t be able to reach end game level content.

should i buy the game? i got 404 robux rn and not sure if its worth it

It’s only been one day since the game has come out. How would you know if you haven’t explored every aspect of the game yet?

I’ll trade you some of my bait for it

Oh yeah I forgot to add but so far magic in dw seems kinda lackluster ngl

You could spend years doing something and still not know it all, even some basic stuff. Ye I get building up your knowledge so that you know what to do but a point I made, or I think I made then deleted it cause I like to delete 40% of my message before sending it sometimes for no reason, is that my time is finite. I only have so many hours in the day and trying to spend those few hours learning a game that could easily tell you some basic mechanics before tossing you into a bigger world is just about my only issue with the game. Secret stuff is fine, I like that, but everything needing to be learned and discovered seems more tedious and annoying than fun or “adventurous”. I still don’t know if there is the ability to block, which seems like a basic aspect of combat that should be pretty easy to find out. All for uncovering and finding out stuff myself, even though I may not always enjoy it, but making it so everything is like that seems a bit tedious at the very least. I am still trying to make strides to learn about this game but I’d rather read about stuff in it then jump in blind over and over again for hours, if not days, to discover a little bit of information and repeat it all.

K that’s over now let me address the other thing you replied to me for.

I was talking about hair and nothing else in that message. The “WoM wins in that department hands down” message was solely for hair because I think it’s better that WoM allows for you to not only have two options for hairs but they are able to have different colors and they are not linked to your avatar on Roblox. Those three things make it a superior hair system imo. If you disagree that’s fine I’m sure some people would prefer the hair in Deepwoken :nod:

So yeah overall still just a 7/10. Good game. I really enjoy it so far, despite just being lost.

another update: boats are glitched-broken

1 Like

I think I grasped it pretty well honestly, the combat and all.
(9 hours total playtime, 8 hours on the same character)

i’ve been going with a group of people i’ve played in rouge with for about a year or nearly two of rogue together.

i’m power 17, got 9 ish hours of playtime and got things down, got my first 1 star matra and my 3rd matra as well on day 2, got some drip, new sword, and all that. been farming where everyone has heared of when you first start if you did things right.

npcs hurt like a truck though, specifically trainers those guys bodied the crap out of me when i first started playing. very helpful though

i am monkey

edit: i also was chased by one of the small large creature’s you encounter and suffice to say i am fully traumatized and my friend and i made a break for it. i got absolutely fucked and the guy only did ranged attacks. both made an easy get away though

we also got lost at sea and got fucked by a shark and demon, we all blamed our friend whom was sailing

Got lost and died multiple times trying to explore and find a way out of both spawns.

Let’s see:
Life 1:

• Got ganked by npcs (likely guards because I checked the area after and it was a royal garden or something) and died
  • Fell down a cliff accidentally and took fatal fall damage in water
  • Respawned in a weird place and died to this monster thing that 3-shot me

Life 2:

• Other spawn area, went afk in a corridor and came back to being ganked by a player
  • Got ganked by yet another player outside on a ledge or something out of water
  • Got ganked by npcs in weird place again

Life 3:

• Finally found a way off the first spawn island via boat, got lost and managed to circle back to the spawn island; meaning that I have wasted like 30 minutes sailing.
  • Left after my brain melted from that experience

Welp, guess I am waiting for guides on Deepwoken to appear

there already are guides on how to get started. the rest is relatively easy to come by and learn by experimenting and using random stuff

9/10

It was literally the perfect game for me but I was so fucking annoyed by the wind gun bug that only got patched a few hrs ago

Died multiple times, used my different lives to learn different things like navigation and pvp

i have 2 online friends who play deepwoken: 7grandnec and Notoriety_King1

I recommending going to youtube to parkour out of the depths(Honestly rly good for xp), just avoid the watcher fuckers

You have a parry cooldown and a giant block bar, you cannot block 99999 attacks, there’s a certain amount of attacks you can block normally before you can’t until it recharges, I recommend learning the gui first

Explaining the life system right here, it’s not a set amount of lives

You start of with an “untainted” life which is when your health bar is a normal apple red

When you die you have a “tainted” life with a orangish rusty health bar, you can untaint your life again(Basically get the life back) everytime you level up

When you die with a tainted life, you end up in the depths. You can escape the depths with parkour that I googled because I just didn’t want to lose a life even though the learning experience is nice since I died anyways since a watcher saw me

When you die in the depths, you go to fragments of self where you can pass down 2 items to your next life

1 Like

Ahh ok, so that’s how it works.

I never could find the way to level up without dying horribly, so it was just a constant 3 lives for me.
I did think there could’ve been a way out of the depths if I got to the highest point, but didn’t find a way up and tried to find another method.

Thanks for explaining the life system, this will help next time I try to play.

It’s ok the thing about it is just throws you in there also the grinding you have to do is unreal.however the character customization is great and if you get it it’s good but I don’t

24 hours of playtime
really fun grinding with friends
just ping related issues are my main problem

1 Like

Singapore servers get you stuck on a inf loop (The best servers for me, every other gives like 150)