How popular am I?

Personally I’m not a veteran in forums, but I’ve been on and off in the Vetex community since the days that FTOF was actively being made, but have played Vetex’s games for longer, and I have no expectations for AO whatsoever, seeing how WoM turned out.

I guess anyone who was there in the shitshow that ensued when Vetex officially cancelled AA would basically be of a similar opinion, though personally I stopped gushing over AA and Vetex’s games a long time before he cancelled.

lmao truest words spoken in this thread

3 Likes

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

They also all call you haters if you say something that doesn’t praise the game or “If you don’t like it get off”

like god man I remember when deepwoken came out, some people were shitting on it for the most stupid reasons, like.

• Deepwoken has trash character design and outfits.
  • The PvP is bad compared to WoM (I cannot believe someone said this)
  • The graphics are bad compared to AO

Like bro these people are unironically just

1 Like

Most of the crazier AO fans are high on copium with regards to Deepwoken. They simultaneously believe that it’s irrelevant low quality garbage AND that it’s somehow deserving of pages upon pages of think pieces discussing how bad it is. They will go on heated rants about the game for hours but then accuse Deepwoken fans in general of hating on AO, even though the average Deepwoken discord member is either unaware of or apathetic towards AO. They will cry when people accuse them of being simply filtered by DW’s difficulty but will also equally cry when someone complains about AA-WoM-AO’s combat being too convoluted or lame. It’s pure cope, and it’s especially hilarious because AO is almost definitely going to be more popular than DW by virtue of being more accessible and kid-friendly. Everyone knows it. Even the most diehard DW fan knows this. And yet it still resides in their heads rent free. Why? Probably one of five reasons:

1. They got wiped in Rogue Lineage and/or Deepwoken, and the scars have not healed.

2. They haven’t played Deepwoken but it isn’t AO so they automatically hate it.

3. Deepwoken is so much better than AA, WoM, and will almost definitely be better than AO from a technical standpoint. This is threatening to them.

4. Deepwoken trolls mindbroke them like 3 months ago and they’re still recovering.

5. Social media peer pressure from other people of categories (1), (2), (3), and (4).

This isn’t even to say that I like Deepwoken - I think that a lot of its problems with toxicity are the result of the inherent structure of the game. To call it flawed, however, implies that it’s somehow not fulfilling its function. I don’t know if Rag actually cares about making his games less toxic or more singleplayer friendly. Most of the games he’s known for were pretty multiplayer heavy, too.

This is also not to say that you can’t genuinely dislike DW. There’s a difference between disliking something and having something actively live in your head rent free, however.

1 Like

You said to also comment, so…

Who?

this post just screams “i’m very lonely and insecure”

go outside you sad fuck

2 Likes

some people just crave that internet validation

Reads like a deltarune dialogue choice

6 Likes

deepwoken bad :pray:

no idea who you are but you seem decent enough, so welcome ( back ? ) and hope have an enjoyable time here ( somehow )

you think he’s an alt?

I have my suspicions :person_shrugging:

I’m not acting like a veteran, and I do not think that either. I am aware that I am not even a regular yet.

wha-

how come you said

when you haven’t been on here for more than a month

Thank you

???

Long post, just say deepwoken is better than AO and you have the perfect bait to get “negative rep”

child labor tycoon is better than AO and deepwoken

Sandal is surely good at this

1 Like