How promethean flame works

Tl:dr Promethean flame is a synergy fire.
So i’ve been seeing people who believe that promethean flame isn’t going to be good purely because of the status effects. Im going to use this one post to show why it’s not that it won’t be bad. It’s just that it’s only if you have fire.

Alright so im going to use sword of morocks fire mechanics to explain it’s numerous effects.

Okay so the sword of morocks flame gave out these effects

Acid
Magma
Ash
Plasma
Fire
And promethean fire.

Now tell me. What do all of these have in common?

That’s right. They all synergize well with fire. So tell me. What do you think will happen once you use a promethean fire blast and then a fire blast? That’s right! MASSIVE DAMAGE. So tell me. What do you think you’re gonna get when you combine promethean fire with magma, ash, plasma, or perhaps even sand? That’s right. Absolute hp deleter.

Lol the Sword of Morock’s Fire in AA only infliced Promethean Flames, Inferno, Phoenix, Sun, Fire and Plasma

Oh… Damn im confusing things again. Alright mb but my point still stands

1 Like

Nah it’s okay, the description did say that it’ll inflict certain effects depending on the spell type. It’s still a powerful magic regardless since it can take on the properties of any type of magic. People that say it won’t be good are most likely just too worried about synergies, which sucks because you don’t even need synergies for a magic setup to be good, some people just like judging a magic on its synergies and that really isn’t what solely makes a magic good

Yep. Though I believe art of infinity will still be used more because

ZA WARUDO

1 Like

Inferno - Fire focused on burning power (colored blue)
Dark Flame - Fire focused on spreading (colored purple and black)
Aethereal Flame - Fire focused on brightness (colored white and yellow)
Scorch - Fire focused on explosive power (colored lime green)
Promethean Flame - Fire that can take the properties of any magic, and all other grand fire curses (colored white)

promethean flame is basically a mixture of all the other grand flame curses (and other effects?), albeit not as directly powerful in any respective aspect

in other words promethean flame is incredibly powerful

1 Like

… Black fire. Yellow fire… And green fire… im sorry if it sounds a bit salty. But the fact these won’t be added… Makes me ABSOLUTELY LIVID.

No amaterasu.
No golden rebirth.

And no fucking chaos flame…

Reading that already ticks me off.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t have minded seeing the other Grand Fires but we already have too many heat based losts and primordials

Yes but… I just wanted to see this become a reality.

1 Like

I wonder though, I would Darkflame’s spreading work?

Darkflame spread…

It’s basically fire but it’s DoT is terrifyingly op and dangerous. Like. Even 5 shots from gold don’t match up to it’s DoT level

And for it’s spread? Bloodflows fire gernade but better coded. It hits a wall and stays for a while and deals it’s bullshit DoT whenever someone get’s close

Inferno curse DoT lasted 30 seconds in AA, but that might have only been because it was a curse, idk. Now that I think about it, Darkflame spreading might probably just cause the AoE of a burning area to be bigger on average compared the other fire magics

yeah theres an insane amount of fire magics alone

fire,
flare,
phoenix,
solar,
promethean,
blaze,
inferno,
dark flame,
aethereal flame,
scorch,

and thats not even counting the other heat-based magic like plasma/magma etc

1 Like

Yeah. For a developer who’s main magic is lightning you’d think he’d have more lightning type magics in his game.

Not that im complaining I’ve always been a fireguy in his games

nah theres a fair bit of lightning magics too

normal lightning,
storm,
aether lightning,
electron magic

I won’t lie though, Aether Lightning was pretty powerful alone in AA, plus the description of Electron magic alone makes it sound really op. Storm might end up being really powerful later on as well

Oh wait storm is also a lightning magic? I thought it was a powerful water and win magic

:x: Storm Magic - Control of tornado winds and lightning, can create Normal skills.”
it can basically be counted as one, its a mutation of lightning too to my knowledge