How rare do you think lost magics should be?

tbh i think they should be about as rare as sunken if not slightly more

most dedicated players have at least 1 sunken (in my experience)

5 Likes

it’s like getting a whole new ass magic should be somewhat rare, but still obtainable for people who play the game

all players should be able to get it, even casual ones, not only people who grind the game all day

2 Likes

do u think it would unlock for everyone at a certain story moment kinda like awakenings?

doubtful since unlike mutations or awakenings, its isnt something thats naturally occur

making it a part of the story would be very complicated

no, you’ll still need to find them, but they shouldn’t be so insanely rare that only the most grindy of players can get them, they’re a core gameplay feature

12 Likes

it isn’t insanely rare tho, especially if the method to grind them is less braindead than stare at ur screen and click occasionally like fishing is
most people i’ve met have at least 1 sunken (i myself have probably like 12, was 15 but nimbus sea wipe happened :pensive:)

1 is not enough when there’s gonna be like 15 different lost magics

1 Like

that’s true actually

if they arent blatantly op compared to base magics then i dont think being as rare as sunkens is the worst idea. makes them a really cool thing to get, but something you can still live without, like sunkens
on another note, sunken items themselves could definitely be a lot more common

4 Likes

theres still the issue that we’ll probably have like 2 super popular magics and everything else is almost classified as junk, so if you wanna be a sheep and get one if those you’ll really have to overpay

Twice as rare as lost spells, because it’s a good margain.

I think rare as sunken might be fine, considering Vetex already said they would have a pity system
But to keep it balanced, lost weapons and fighting styles should be the same rarity :upside_down_face:

Sunken rarity is too much, because you still have a chance to get the wrong one, or one for a different build.

Maybe around twice as rare as an acrimony, exclusive to dark sea ofc

half the chance of getting a sunken but have a quest that gives you one for free

You’re supposed to have to open sealed chests for them, as stated on the trello. If they were too rare, then ancient magics would be just impossible, and even if you did get one, it would either be the wrong stat build or the wrong magic.

Dude do people not realize that there’s gonna be a good amount of lost magics? Having them all be as rare as sunkens or even WORSE is crazy

Honestly I think a 1/1000 (maaaybe 1/1500) chance is perfect (whoever said twice as rare as acrimony is insane)

1000 sealed chests for one lost magic scroll? That’s a lot still.