How rare do you think lost magics should be?

Or you could just make 3 quests for each and let you choose which one you want at the end(also lost fighting styles are already quest based?)

Also my orignal suggestion never removed gambling and trading for the magic scrolls. You still might not get the scroll you WANT. In which case you trade for that one. You are taking my idea and changing it to something stupid, and then calling it a bad idea

Choose which one you want? That’s horrible for the economy. You just don’t get any that you didn’t pick up from the quest? If you want to sell, you have to not have a lost magic?

And who said lost Fighting Styles were quest-based? They also come from scrolls

If you’re not removing the RNG, what’s even the point?

I thought they were upgraded versions of normal styles you upgraded through a quest (like thermo fist upgraded at Sameria or something.)

Because instead of something stupid like a 1/300 chance for what you want, with an even lower chance of being the correct thing, you are garunteed to get at least something on par in value, in which case you trade for the one you do want.

If you got to just pick which one you want, why would you even trade at all?

That was me trying to fix your straw man of what I was making. I still think that my idea to fix that would be dumb. I believe that what I posted in my original solution to this post is the best option. (Note, a lot of people use the straw man fallacy in the wrong way, to clarify im saying they created a version of my argument that it should be garunteed that DID suck, and then said all versions of that argument suck.)

Yes, that’s why it’s one of the best ideas

THINK about the RICH!

insert the meme "stop attacking the multi billion dollar company
Or the one with Thor from “I don’t remember the name of the youtube channel” and the StopKillingGames initiative:
“I just told you I signed it, you don’t need to convince me”

like i said before the reason lost magics/styles/exotic weapons/spirit weapons shouldn’t be a chosen guaranteed is so people actually play the end game gamemode of arcane odyssey, the dark sea. maybe some ppl will be too stupid to figure that out but there are many ppl who dont even read the hints that are ON THEIR SCREEN AND DO NOT DISAPPEAR UNTIL YOU CLICK ON IT

there will always be a group of players that won’t figure shit out and thats alright because then the people who do figure out how to play the game will actually create a good community, quality over quantity. ao community might be horrendous at some times but its better than having a blox fruits community

I was actually the one who orchestrated the sunken purge. Next update, all people with inventory values over 1 million will be banned. Their items will be distributed equally among all players. Glory to the revolution.

Ok, but there are other things that are valuable. You are acting like the only reason people ever go to the dark dea will be for the lost items, but all that will happen is a portion of players grind other things, the dark sea is endgame, but if we put all the loot there, we risk becoming like deepwoken where there’s only 2 options for endgame loot and 1 is objectively better than the other. If there’s 0 incentive to do anything but run dark sea eternally for loot, it’s just going to become like deepwoken where people have dedicated pve slots not to enjoy the game, but to grind for PvP items.

the dark sea is literally the most difficult place in the game, for it not to have the best loot is stupid

also ppl keep talking about the rng aspect of dsc like its bad but if the dark sea isn’t boring on it’s own (remember its only 20% done now) then it isnt a problem because the way to get the rng is actually fun

dudes comparing ao with deepwoken💀this is like that one time eclipse said something about ao and he said “it’s just a worse version of deepwoken”

the difference between ao and deepwoken is that in deepwoken if u have a pvp build u cant pve, if u have a pve build (silentheart excluded) you cant pvp. ao is not that way bro

Arcane odyssey is a pve based game. If it continues down the path of only dark sea should have rewards, it’s going to end up like deepwoken, which has the same situation, there’s only 1 optimal way to get loot (the diluvian mechanism) if you refuse to acknowledge currently bad pve systems, that’s your fault. I just want to avoid arcane odysseys dark sea being the only place for good loot. There should be other ways to grind for it. Go ask a deepwoken player if they think all the loot coming from the diluvian mechanism is good, I garuntee they will either say no, or not care. Nobody likes it. So it happening with the dark sea is something I want to avoid

If any of y’all get a darkness scroll hit me up :triumph:

Fair enough. But seeing the dark sea as a chore that’s just for loot is something I want to avoid, but if it’s the only source of good loot, people are going to optimize and grind it to the point it’s just seen as a tool to get loot for the “fun” part of the game

its not gonna be a chore its actually gonna be a fun part of the game

trust me this wont turn into layer 2 or diluvian

many rewards from dark sea may turn into war sea rewards
ex. exotic scrolls being obtainable in vimir chests
its very likely we get lost magics and stuff from marauding sealed chests but idk bertex can do his own thing

I think those are a thing too, pretty sure vetex said instead of getting ancient fighting styles, he said we would be able to upgrade lost fighting styles
Pretty sure you will be able to upgrade base styles too.
Sucks for mages bc they gotta grind every single scroll for each ancient magic spell

Yknow it’s clear you don’t particularly care about what I say in response. What I say probably won’t sway you, whether that’s due to “bad arguments” as you claim is up to opinion, but I refuse to waste more time and energy on this stupid argument. You haven’t provided a single good reason as to why it’s bad, you’ve only glazed the gambling from sealed chests. Complain at me all you want because you