How rare do you think lost magics should be?

My thoughts on how lost/ancient scrolls should be obtained:

• Farmable methods
    • Lost Scrolls: 1/150 rate from Vimir+ Sealed Chests or Dark Sealed, 1/300 from Silver Chests, 1/150 from Golden Chests
    • Ancient Scrolls: 1/300 rate from 4th Sea+ Sealed Chests or Dark Sealed, 1/300 from Golden Chests
  • Once per character methods
    • Long or difficult midgame to endgame side quest(s)
    • Lategame (Level 400) storyline reward where you can choose one lost magic/fstyle/weapon (one you could find randomly from a chest) of your choice
11 Likes

Pity? I feel like having a pity system would be good, maybe 2/3 of the odds? So if the chance is 1/150, you get a guarantee at 100 if you didn’t get any lost magic in the past 100 chests. Maybe less if that is the system.

The pity should probably be over the chance, like 4/3 that’s how sunken does it (3/2) and makes more sense that they’ll give it after your luck has been tested

The pity I said is if you don’t get scrolls
Sunken pity will give you sunken at 3,000 catches regardless if you caught it or not
Lost magic pity resets each time you get a scroll, so it is actual pity, the game pities you for your bad luck

Rare good idea from balance team members?

Common good idea. It’s just that people only point out the less common not-so-good ones mainly, or the fallout of bugs that are difficult to account for with how balancing used to be done.

Uhhhhhh something something attack size (I’m not actually complaining I just think it’s funny how ignored attack size is in balancing compared to other stats)

Thats worse tho because fishing is fast
Imagine you actually have to do shit for a 1/45000 (higher than aa legendary chart btw lol) chance at getting the one you want

Thank you meta for understanding farming sealeds is slower than fishing

6 Likes

Thank you for understanding fishing is the most boring thing in the game

Well shouldn’t bad luck still be after you get actual bad luck (you should’ve gotten one but you haven’t) instead of before

Cant wait for vetex to add sunken artisan weapons/lost magics/lost fighting styles/spirit weapons. :100::100::100:

Sunken Artisan Weapons?
Do you just mean Artisan Weapons or do you expect there to actually be a tier above that?

No I’m making a joke that vetex is gonna add Uber rare fishing exclusive variations of all the tier 2 attack stuff.

ohh noooo i read wronglyyyy