How would the the most powerful modern military fare (fair?) against the Bronze Legion?

Modern military gonna fold literally everything except maybe Calvus and Julian

Calvus casually throwing nuclear bomb-sized blasts at the military (they didn’t know what hit them):

I dont think magic would be helpful against nuclear weapons

military when julian tanks their bombs and nuclear weapons simply because of his magical glass physiology rendering him quite literally immortal as he cannot be harmed by any sources of damage other than magic, in which magic they do NOT possess, and even if they did capture magic users from ravenna, even the strongest of them would not stand a chance against the likes of curse users like julian:

(pretty sure not even radiation would harm him cuz he’s literally magical glass, and also i’m a curse user meatrider)

1 Like

bronze legion goes bye bye and if the military knows about curses they just use their salty super soakers on ravenna’s curse users

All of you seem to forget that julian wasnt the only curse user under ravenna

i think all of you are forgetting that the water in the arcane verse is irradiated with magic energy which is why its deadly to curse users, we dont know if the military is fighting in a world with magic water or nun of it

2 Likes

Considering they died to ameisia man, emo kid, albino prince and woman.

Not very well.

2 Likes

lose because curses are op, can only be damaged by magic (and magic polluted water) which there is none of in the modern world

1 Like

There are several factors we have to account before starting:

1st.

Where does the battle take place?

If it takes place in the real world, there’d be little to no magic energy there, weakening the power of the Bronze Legion.

But based on how the title was written, let’s assume it happens in the Bronze Sea.

The seas of the Arcane Universe are mainly composed of many islands, which can result in less mobility than average, giving an advantage to the Navy and Air Force.

2nd.

Power scaling shenanigans!

The real world’s military strength vastly outclasses that of the Age of Sail, there’s no comparison to be made (Let’s assume the country is the United States).

However, the Arcane Universe has magic users, and as many users have mentioned before, Curses.

Standard magic users can kill a soldier if they’re fast enough, but they’ll simultaneously melt if they receive a round of fire (so far the Bronze Sea only has developed flintlock guns and muskets…)

So far this looks like a curb stomp battle in favor of real world military
…until curse users show up on the stage.

If the rules of the Arcane Universe are followed, the Bronze Legion instantly wins (unless a curse user is foolish enough to board a ship :fr:), but for fairness, let’s say curse users can be damaged by the most powerful tools (nuclear power).

This leads to nuclear devices possessing magic energy, meaning they can be sensed (and since they would be powerful enough to damage curse users, you can bet they can sense them from far away).

There’s also the fact the curse users can fly. They can sense the missile or aircraft coming from several dozen stories tall and dodge out of the way.

Even if the blast connects, there isn’t a guarantee that the curse user would die instantly, and we have to consider the War Seas’ kingdoms rely heavily on curses (this is how Winterveil fell), so killing one doesn’t mean the military’s won the fight.

3rd.

Conclusion

A tough battle for real world military due to curse users. Depending on logistics and intelligence operations, they may come victorious, if Lady Luck smiles :explosion_magic:.

4 Likes

that depends, is this a naval or land battle? is it a siege where theres an attacker and a defender?

in my case i say its a straight piece of land 10 KM wide, hq’s at both ends and the land stretching 100 KM long

im also going to be using lore-accurate information instead of game-accurate information (real life doesnt have health bars)

alright lets see
knowing how ravenna operates, i say that their frontline is ravenna ensigns, some centurions and those other ones, they would be easily wiped out by the nukes of the USA

now comes the powerfull ones
carina, dame and argos are all strong units using raw strength to overpower their enemies, except theres 1 problem, they die to bullets

Ellius and Lurco may pose a threat (flamethrower and EMP, plus they both have AOE) but a couple dozen flashbangs will do the trick AND NUKES

Calvus and Julian? theyre a real threat, there isnt really a way to kill off curse users (or the descendants of curse users) with modern technology other than ‘gun them down’, also julian can just become glass, which is a problem. i say that this small victory goes to the bronze legion… untill they get dive-bombed by B-52’s and gunned down by AC-130’s

now naval warfare, same settings

assuming that this is on sea with no patch of land whatsoever

compared to the ships currently, the ships that the Bronze Legion posesses is tiny (brig at best, while this isnt seen in game the shipwrights do sell brigs), not to mention their rams would deform upon touching the metallic walls of the naval ships today

their ships are made of wood, it would break

now yes, they do have canon fist and mortars, except theres 1 problem

WE HAVE HEAVY ARTILLERY AND AIRCRAFT CARRIERS

yeah thats an autowin for-

Ellius used EMP! It’s super effective!

well ####

Yes but no. It’s the United States technology combined with the manpower of China (the largest in terms of manpower)

I really enjoyed reading your analysis. It considers everything.

It’s an all out war, which includes naval, land and aerial (mostly bombings, cause the Ravennans probably didn’t have fighter jets back then) battles. And it’s just a war fighting on fronts. (For purposes assume both modern military and ravennans are both invading and defending)

Ravenna Centurion: “Let’s go! Show those nasty Americans what we are made of!”
Ravenna Centurion was killed by AC-130
Ravenna Ensign was killed by AC-130
Ravenna Ensign was killed by AC-130

Think of America… with the number of soldiers China has.

Im literally Chinese, i dont need to think, i know enough

also, edit your post to include that Polish bear from WWII please.
i love that bear

Bro how many Chinese people play AO istg there is way too many (you legally cannot be racist to your own race).

normally i would say ‘woah glad you noticed’ buti want to say it in a less rude way
so uhh
congrats, you know something

If the Military could get access to polluted ocean water, they could prob develop a weapon out of it solely for Curse Users

Other than that, Ravenna will get annihilated but wouldn’t be a curbstomp like GATE was, because Ravenna Forces has more magic users