How would the the most powerful modern military fare (fair?) against the Bronze Legion?

I genuinely like discovering people’s race so uh, that’s something about me. I like diversity (I’m trailing off topic, I should stop).

okay, can you add the Polish bear of WWII to the modern military?
please

Fine.

there I did it.

some random ass warrior they hired and gave a gun murdering curse users with ease since he can put aura on it and murder them

HOLY SHIT SEND WOJTEK IN AND THEY FALL IN 5 MINUTES

as people said here: no matter how strong your curse is (hey look! now julian is guilty of a warcrime through unnecessary suffering because holy shit glass weaponry), you’re not beating millions upon millions of people armed with the most absurd stuff you can imagine with the population of an island. Magic may be strong, but what’s one wizard going to do to 10000 people armed with grenades and guns?

The player can literally solo their king and all of their army with a musket, so I think even a modern day police force would have them handled.

I’m willing to bet that the whole “curse user immunity” thing would not apply to sufficiently powerful explosives.

i agree

BUT

even if the curse users survive, there’s still a VERY large chance that the rest of ravenna is dead
that’s not a victory

in other words

ravenna when a REAL genocidal superpower comes at them:

Only the dead have seen the ends of war.

1 Like

Ravenna gets stomped and Julius survives to take revenge as an immortal unstoppable demon.

The modern military have no magic so they can’t do shit against curse holders.
A curse holder could walk right up to wherever the hell they want and do whatever the hell they want and nobody would be able to stop them.

a different kingdom would go hunt them down prob after allying with the absurd army power of humanity

Kingdoms after hearing about the existence of nuclear bombs:

Modern military no diffs, idk why its an argument. Try putting roman soldiers against a platoon of modern military soldiers…yea

“but magic!!” hail of bullets, tanks, and explosives →

extra stuff:
naval fight:
even the most powerful bronze legion brig dies instantly in naval combat, cannonballs wouldnt even make a dent in modern battleship armor…maybe magic cannons would? but it wont be nearly enough. their ships are also made of wood, and wood tends to catch on fire and not be the best armor against explosives. one battleship solos the entire bronze legion naval fleet

air combat:
air superiority: having air superiority is a very important factor in winning wars, iirc the bronze legion does not have an air force

and of course, modern militaries possess nuclear weapons, but that will most likely be overkill

Nukes have left the chat
Kamikaze Planes has left the chat
Planes in general has left the chat

kid named general julian

One thing to consider: The bronze legion is essentially ENTIRELY made up of magic powered superhumans.

Like these aren’t roman soldiers, these are roman soldiers that can jump up cliffs and create bladed tornados with greatswords.

Don’t get me wrong, it would NOT make the difference against modern military, but ya’ll acting like these are ordinary humans that would die after being shot in the head once.

Not to mention that the only reason guns hurt them so much at all is ALSO because of magic.
A weak level 1 soldier (average modern day human) would do like 30 damage per bullet maybe less of their 1k+ healthpools for higher ranks.

let’s assume just assume the fire rate of the gun these soldiers are using is around 700 rpm or so.
this would mean they would do roughly 330 dmg per second, along with a fuck ton of other soldiers also shooting at them.

not only that, but a good let’s say, 1/2 half to 2/3s of the legion is literally fodder (ensigns) with a small shield and a sword that can only m1