I Bought Deepwoken, So here's what's gonna happen

that was removed with the recent update.
I don’t have many good things to say about deepwoken, but they do make some non-awful development choices.

1 Like

I have never been more glad to be wrong in my life

^ I’m sure this part is still correct though

I’ve heard that dw players say ganking a freshie is a big sin

And playing rogue I was ganked quite a lot before I could even progress a bit

killing anyone is a waste of time rn, killing npcs gives more xp and better items and since luck is gone theres no benefit

1 Like

truth be told I haven’t played deepwoken since my experience in the first couple of weeks playing and during that time it was awful.
gave up after watching some youtube videos showcasing bullshit builds and uncounterable stratagies that just told me the game was in an awful state.

I genuinely doubt much of that has changed.

1 Like

And that thankfully shouldn’t be the case for AO. All the builds in this game look like they have some sort of loophole to them.

Honestly you made the right choice trying to get into it now with the new content especially the echoes system which rewards you after you wipe

If you end up enjoying the game send a dm to my discord so we could play sometime

Anubix#8121

1 Like

It is bruh you gain nothing by killing a fucking freshie :skull:

god i want my money back honestly :skull: i’m really not against pvp. i will probably partake in some pvp in AO, but losing maybe hours of your work just doesn’t sound fun for me, especially with some aspects of luck involved. i think you can play on a private server? then cool, it kinda becomes a rouge like. but imo the PvE just isn’t that great, also not much content on the PvE side in general.

though i won’t say deepwoken is a bad game, it’s just not for me. i do know it’s really well made, and you will have a blast of a time if you like games like it. but i honestly just hate losing progress, unless it’s specifically a roguelike, which even that genre is kinda meh to me.

They added the echoes mechanic which rewards you after wiping

Basically you earn currency for everything you did before wiping and can buy permanent upgrades for that slot

Makes the game a little less tedious

But hey man I respect your opinion bro I hate a part of the game too

2 Likes

and what does it do/how does it work? edit: ah ok
but even then, i don’t want a reward, i want the stuff i worked for.

but yeah i doubt i will ever play again, i THINK i could enjoy it on a private server with some friends, but the second arcane odyssey is out, i don’t see much reason to play it. AO has all the things i want but often better, and more.

1 Like

Finally someone who doesn’t shit on deepwoken because of rogue lineage that isn’t even connected to at all

2 Likes

Before making this post I was exactly like that haha. The permadeath was (and still is) a huge turnoff for me, but learning how to avoid it can be fun when there isn’t a gank squad chasing you

Anyways, on an unrelated note - I’ve recorded all the footage I need for day 2 so imma give deepwoken a rest for today

Dunno if Day 3 is gonna get alot of footage bc yk, Christmas/Family time.

That isn’t a thing anymore lmao, it got removed.

Edit: Oh wait, there were more messages. I didn’t see them m

my brother in christ that is literally the whole point of the update they changed the entire game and rebuilt it from the ground up that’s why everyone is hyped. Combat, map expansions, replayability, progression systems, both mid and late game power scaling, and even the incentives for fighting other players, they remade everything so they work in unison with each other, rather than being a random mess of game mechanics trying to establish its own identity.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about the nitty-gritty of what exactly layer 2 changed so that’s good to know! I think what he meant though is that the community didn’t change and is still full of rkers and gankers, which is sadly true.

Edit: I still don’t roll with permadeath

permadeath is still a mechanic in a game that does not in any way need it.
I find it hard to believe the community has changed either.

the game may have changed some, but until that one shit development decision changes
(never lol) its going to be the one thing that makes the rest of the game trash no matter what they do.

oh no.

praise allah play the game

Deepwoken does need permadeath though. The whole game is built around permadeath and you may not like it, but that doesnt make it a bad mechanic. Permadeath is an objectively good game mechanic, it adds risk and makes what would be small encounters in other games fill you with large amounts of adrenaline at the thought of losing everything you worked for. Some people dont like this risk because they dont want their time wasted, but most people do like it judging by the game’s massive popularity. I agree that before verse two, the permadeath was pretty bad and felt like they just added it for no reason, but they entirely fixed that problem in the new update and it feels well thought out. Losing your character isnt a big deal because you can always make a new one in a day or two with the faster progression system and the massive amount of build diversity and replayability means each run is different which is exactly how other permadeath roguelikes do it. Also yes the community is still toxic but even that was mostly fixed by the update. The game is moving away from being pvp centered and is focusing on pve, which means there is little to no incentive to fight others except for fun, which is exactly how pvp should work in a permadeath game.

6 Likes