I did not know that

i think there’s not 256 build paths for a reason, that’s pointless bad game design

there technically could be if you count the stats that armour can change, as well as different weapons and spell types

It is dumb for sure but another reason why is because of the lack of people editing the wiki. Rb1 also lost a place on the leaderboard now thanks to his inactivity. But most people on the leaderboard are inactive.

I mean the smartest guy is rb1

no, there’s supposed to be 16 builds that are very customizable. the different magics/weapons you use are not different builds, it’s different customization for that build. there should just be 16 builds with customization available, not 256

being able to customise stuff within a build is just having mini builds within a build. like having a light/sword conjurer compared to an ice/bow conjurer, they’d have the same in-game named class but play completely differently

Vetex himself answered the question dumbass

ok i get what you mean now, but don’t you think it’d be odd if people would have stat names completely different than what they are based off of their awakenings? like, you could go mage first awakening and the conjurer second, and you’d be a “conjurer” that doesn’t even have magic imbued weapons. just 3 magics. it doesn’t really allow for creativity, it just creates an illogical mess and tbh it’s not like mixing and matching awakenings could do any more for customizing than the armor, weapons, and abilities you choose.

now, let’s say that you did a “custom” build with 2 awakenings that can’t be obtained in 1 route. you do warlock for your first awakening, giving magic imbued fighting styles. then you do juggernaut for awakening 2 that gives damage reduction and a slight damage boost. so what good is that even gonna do… that’s pretty much all you can do with the mix and match builds that other pure builds don’t. (even the savant awakening would be better each time btw.)

he kinda confirmed its possible, but its supposed to be bad

2 Likes

I hope it’s bad

they could still use arcanium weapons, i doubt the ones that are available at level 100 will be the only ones ever obtainable

conjurer first awakening and whatever second then changing to paladin could potentially let you use magic spirit weapons

it’d be possible to be a juggernaut with three fighting styles, or a paladin with three magics

could do warlord first awakening and switch to savant if you want to focus on fighting, weapons, and magic, but keep fighting/weapons as your focus

could go mage to get the lost/ancient magics then switch to another magic build to implement them somehow, assuming you won’t lose being able to have two lost/ancient magics. same with berserker but with strength

customising those can do quite a lot. for instance, it can decide if you want to finish battles quickly or play the stalling game, fight close or long ranged, have good aim or not, and potentially more

for if you’re fine with just the one base magic and just want more damage and survivability, and you’d still be able to get a lost/ancient magic or fighting style down the line

with bad damage yeah. at that point might as well just go mage and use arcanum weapons too?

once again what’s the point it’s gonna be really shitty. and i think spirit weapons are warden exclusive

yeah take more time because you’re doing no damage because you chose a wacky af combination. there’s a reason you’re meant to stay in one stat route

then why wouldn’t you just do paladin??? what is that extra fighting style really gonna do for you

They’re not said to be exclusive, but as far as we know they only scale with vitality (and will probably have a high vitality requirement) so they’ll possibly be far more efficient with wardens than any other build

ah that would make sense, seems like every route does have some type of weapon actually. still, having the spirit weapons, magic, AND fighting styles like he suggested isn’t a good idea. either go savant or pick 2 of the 3 at that point tbh

Arcanium weapons might not be the best fix for missing out on magic-infused weapons. Conjurer’s first awakening presumably lets you fuse ANY weapon with magic, instead of limiting it to just arcanium ones. Skipping conjurer’s first awakening also means your regular weapons don’t scale off magic+weapons which is probably a really important aspect of being a conjurer

2 Likes

not if they kept up with conjurer, they would still be upping their magic and weapons stats, neither mage’s or conjurer’s awakenings say something about increasing damage

not really, they would still be upping two stats that increase their damage

you’d be trading in the damage for more health or easier dodges, it’s just another way to fight

no magic imbued fighting styles, and also that does give you more than one base magic

variety, more options, more versatility

true, but it’d still probably be an at least decent solution, especially since the card says you could make custom spells for it, unlike normal weapons

@anon82052662 mark this solution plz?

where did he say it was supposed to be bad?

its implied because it’s literally getting multiple awakenings that don’t build on each other at all or make it any better. it’s quite obviously just a way to make a savant that does no damage.