I hope ancient/lost magics/spells gonna be VERY rare

I hope that we’re gonna need tens and tens of hours before finding one spell, and hundred hours before finding lost/ancient magics…
I know it’s based on luck, but I don’t want these magics to be common.
Like If we have a lost magic/ ancient magic we are very admired.
I don’t know if you know what I mean.

6 Likes

As long as I don’t need them to enjoy the game, I don’t care.
If they’re too rare, I’m not even going to gun for them at all. If they’re common enough, then I’ll try. Would have to be really into it to spend a hundred hours on something like that though.

Though personally I prefer mechanics like this be based on difficulty of acquisition as well and not just rarity. An example of this is having them spawn more frequently in the dark sea if that’s possible.

15 Likes

yeah, so like one noob starts, plays for a bit, then finds a scroll. Like that one guy who got a sunken after 50 attempts.

4 Likes

exactly

kinda dont like rng drops, mostly cuz i have terrible luck but i can see why it has to be

1 Like

as long as i can enjoy the game without em.

but i’d prefer if they weren’t so rare because my luck is garbo. oh welp.

They’re going to be rare but I imagine you’ll be finding lost spells more out of the 3

2 Likes

Yeah.

Hopefully Lost Spells aren’t super rare but rare enough. Ancient magics…

1 Like

I don’t want it to be chance based because that leads to people spending a horrific amount of time just trying to get items. While it may not be perfect if you have to sped hundreds of hours you won’t come off as cool. You’re going to look like a grinder who spends all their time just playing a game in hopes they have a chance of getting a item that has a 1/10000 of spawning. These are supposed to come of as achievable. They are really cool concepts and if you portray them as these things that only grinders can get then what’s the point? No offense but a large portion of WOM is kids because guess what it’s a kids website. So you’re real fucking stupid to think this is a good idea as it is.

Should they be rare? Yes in order to prove you put in work for this
Should they take hundreds of hours? NO. Think about it how long have you been playing WOM on all your files combined? And then compare it to when you started playing.
It should be more story based so everyone eventually has a chance of getting it. Why close off a really cool concept to people. It would just be like the Sunken Sword again. Too rare to make ti worth actually getting and takes hundreds of hours to actually get.
I like the concept of your idea but tbh a lot of it is kind of dumb.

12 Likes

If it’s not chance based everyone has it

2 Likes

me getting a sunken sword in 100 tries, with a lucky bronze rod, relatable

Ye I agree, it could be like maybe 1 in 100 people get one, but of course people are gonna get lucky and others are gonna try to grind for one.

If it is chance based then it undermines people who actually put in hard work for it and just depends on if you’re lucky or not. Putting in the most OP weapons in the game only for them to be chance based devalues peoples hard work.

2 Likes

That’s generally how most RPG’s work. How else are you supposed to ensure that these rare items stay rare?

Saying it depends on luck and not hard work isn’t necessarily true. Sure you could get lucky and find it on your first few attempts, however it’s extremely unlikely. The majority of people who caught sunken items needed to put in the time and effort to catch 2000+ fish.

Yeah I agree with this wholeheartedly.

except chance always needs to exist. not too rare, but rare enuff thats pretty much it

1 Like

If they aren’t fishing based ill spend as much time as i require to get one, if they are fishing based idk maybe via trading I’ll likely get one, but not fishing, im playing a haha magic go like brrr game not fishing simulator

5 Likes

fr. Hopefully these items will be obtainable from legendary challenges in the dark sea or other similar activities that actually require the player to be active and not sit in 1 spot for 20+ hours

17 Likes

exactly, a nearly invincible boss or a hard dark sea quest

4 Likes

Doesn’t that prove my point? You get an OP item through luck with only a 1/8000 chance of getting it. And even then Lost and Ancient Magics will be the most powerful items in the game. Making it depend on grinding and luck instead of casual grinding and effort will just make it another unobtainable for thing for a large part of the community.

This is what I mean. IMO they should be optional storyline based. So then that way you earn them through hard work but not an impossible challenge.

5 Likes