I kinda want a huge city in AO

Before you say anything. No. Im not talking about slightly bigger than alalea or something else. I want a city that actually feels like a city and not a small shop stop. Not even alalea is that big. What I want is a city that spans at least a kilometer. But at most I want to be able to have to go into full graphics in order to see the end of the city. I want a city in AO that’s just huge. A city that isn’t gonna leave you wondering “Where the hell is everyone else.” Because idk if you know yet. But a city where only 13 people is considered a big city is kinda dumb.

I want a city that I can get lost in. A city that looks like it has an actual population. Rather than a small fort that can be walked around in one minute. One is a realistic city that would actually look cool. The other is unrealistic and the only reason why it keeps getting made is because people think it won’t be neccesary.

Im mostly saying this because I like big citys in roblox games. And no im not trying to add back the continent. Just a suggestion for when we start getting the big islands

Note: No im not putting this into suggestions because I can’t moniter what vetex does. This is all my own personal preference.

15 Likes

like Mainland

1 Like

I never saw any pic of what mainland was or what it’s supposed to be so I can’t even argue against it. But if it’s like what im describing. Then goddamn

I mean, your post has this Mainland vibe to it so

1 Like

Wait was whispering forest a mile across?

Villains: this is an necessity

3 Likes

I do not want this. It would just be a giant empty landscape, while also taking a really long time to make.

Im sorry what? It’s literally just a giant town. It’s like alalea. If you want you could add more people and things to do in that map. Also who’s to say a giant landscape is bad?

2 Likes

Large, empty landscapes have been cut from AO, and for good reason. They take a long time to create, and don’t significantly improve the game. Also, a single developer can’t pack an incredibly giant city full of interesting and worthwhile things to do.

Fairy tail online.

1 Like

I played that game. There was nothing to do, the city was basically a backdrop for the fights. The houses were copied and pasted a lot, it was just rows and rows of the same house but in different colors. It ended up feeling really empty, like it was just a stage set.

Kinda agree. For a large city to work, there would have to be multiple reasons as to why it would attract players and have large importance especially in a game where there will be multiple islands to discover

I could use this for cool landscape photos.

Can’t really see this happening in AO. In WoM maybe since it was a continent and you would have a flight spell, but AO is just islands.
That would imply having an insanely big island and having it full to the brim with houses and stuff, all that for there to be at best a few side quests, one shop of each type, a few enemies in some side alley and maybe some parts of the main storyline spread through a maze that you have to travel in by foot.

Cities can often be cool, but one like that sounds like a pain to explore while also not giving much reasons to explore it in the first place. A gigantic area where your boat is pointless. That would be like playing another game.

2 Likes

i’m sure there’ll be at least one big main island in each sea similar to AA but i don’t think we’ll get a densly populated building to building massive city like you want sadly

1 Like

That’s exactly what I said

A Sabura Sized city is probably the best we will getimage

Perhaps something that’s the size of Saint Denis from Red Dead Redemption 2 can be quite cool!! image

Besides size and population, it should also be a melting pot of cultures and people too if it’s going to be the only major city in the game.

1 Like

Maybe we can have a city-ship like the “Gran Tesoro” from One Piece Film: Gold?

2 Likes

That would be the ruins of mount Olympus?