I met the rarest kind of player in AO!

Roleplayerswhat

I met a roleplayer.

Now I’ve met all kinds of people in AO, but roleplayers have to be the rarest breed of all. I mean, every MMO has them, it’s just not generally a popular thing. I’ve never seen people roleplay in AO before, so this was kind of a neat encounter for me.

Most of the time you get messaged its someone asking about trades, pvp, help with a boss or rarely to join your clan, so this was that very rare fifth option where it’s someone is like roleplaying.

Kinda feel like playing along, see where this rabbit hole leads!

14 Likes

was it a scheme to rk you? sounds like something ao players would do

1 Like

Met up with them, they told me ‘I will meet you at Sailor’s Lodge at Dawn’. So I showed up, they came, afk’d for a bit then started unloading chests. I’ll update you if anything happens lol.

2 Likes

Perhaps there is still hope for this game… The flames shall burn longer

Pretty cool interaction ngl

2 Likes

any time someone asks for a meeting im always reminded of the times that guilds invited me to 1v1 and cleaned when their friends were about to die

I feel bad that most peoples interactions with clans are purely negative.

Anyway update, after keeping me waiting for like ten minutes, they showed up, completely immersed in their role as ‘centurion’ by wearing a full centurion getup. Helmet, chestpiece and all. It was kind of endearing watching them constantly take rain checks on talking to me to run and do every little thing they saw around the lodge, rescuing castaways, sinking pirates, etc.

He showed off a giant shark he got from a castway then cleared his throat and started getting into it. “Greetings, I see you got my letter…”

man i havent shit like this even in wom… im gonna have to rp a bronze legion ensign (there will be no mercy against traitors to ravenna)

I seen 2 roleplayers before the update

He studied my feats on the contract board and is going “I’ve heard of your growing fame”. This is so endearing.

2 Likes

reminds me of that one wom roleplayer someone posted in forums lmao

“Are you a criminal? Come with me”

Now they are trying to recruit me for the Bronze Legion.

THEN SOMEONE DRESSED AS CALVUS JUST CAME IN AND SAID “Cold today isn’t it”

16 Likes

oh my god it’s king calvus the 4th, former king of ravenna

oh LMAOO OK THIS IS GETTING GOOD. START RECORDING

1 Like

The centurion started roleplaying like the guy was a graverobber, he left the server. Now the Centurion roleplayer is spitting dialogue at me like I’m getting a quest. Talking about an increase in crime rates and how it might be tied to the assassin syndicate.

He’s also roleplaying as if this is taking place after the story, and is even hinting at missing patrols near Wind-Row because of Warren. This rabbit hole is going VERY deep and I am fully invested now.

AND he’s now hinting at an Assassin Lord being at Ravenna (which there is).

(Dialouge)

6 Likes

that’s wild

What do you think would happen if I pivot the narrative and just go “I killed the king.”

1 Like

i have no idea but it would be really fucking funny

Tempted but honestly I can’t do it. They clearly put a lot of time and effort into this narrative they’ve crafted.

i think imma just slide into the server and quickly scramble some ravenna drip to go undercover at lodge and see this lmao

1 Like

It’s still going strong so far so, hey come on in.

Never thought I’d be playing along with a roleplay in AO of all things lol.

2 Likes